May 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else not showing at 15 weeks?

Hey mamas to be!

I'm 15w 1d today and I am still not showing! This will be my first baby and I heard you don't start to "pop" until about 18-20 weeks. Any truth to that? Also, I heard its based on weight and height as well. I am 130lbs and 5'6". Any input would be greatly appreciated! I just can't wait to start showing... I hope it's nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Anyone else not showing at 15 weeks?

• Options
    Everyone is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just starting to show. My husband noticed for the first time yesterday, but I don't think it's enough for anyone else to notice yet.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 5'8 and was 123 pre pregnancy...I still have a flat belly, until I eat. I didn't show with my son until about 18 weeks, at least.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm about the same as op I'm not showing at all either
  • Options
    It really depends on the person. If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend who is pregnant with twins (her first pregnancy) and at 19 weeks she's still not really showing. If I had to guess, I'd say she's about 5'2" and 110lbs--so very thin.
  • Options
    I'm also same height/weight as op but also not showing yet. I can still wear all my regular clothes/jeans and none of my coworkers or friends can really tell. I am definitely thicker in the middle by at least an inch or two at most, just waiting to pop in the next few weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's complete random chance how/when you show and nothing to be concerned about. I am a FTM and looking about 6 months pregnant at 15W 2D. I was not expecting to pop out this early but am just rolling with it. Not much else we can do anyway, body will do what it wants!
  • Options
    I don't feel like I'm showing at all. My weekly pic showed me a little thicker last week but honestly I don't really look pregnant. All of my clothes still fit too. We'll get there. :)

BFP#1 5/12/13  EDD 1/10/14   MMC 6/20/13

BFP #2 8/27/13    EDD 5/5/14    **hoping for our rainbow baby**  We are TEAM PINK!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo MAYmom_zps2ae858ee.jpgpgal may 14 photo pgalmay14_zpsb4a23c3c.jpg

• Options
    If you've heard that it's normal not to show till 18-20 weeks and you're only 15 weeks, what would make you think you have something to worry about?

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Normal. I didn't show until 24/25 weeks with my first.
    BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• Options

Miggg said:

I think it's complete random chance how/when you show and nothing to be concerned about. I am a FTM and looking about 6 months pregnant at 15W 2D. I was not expecting to pop out this early but am just rolling with it. Not much else we can do anyway, body will do what it wants!

Pretty much the same for me. I'm 5'8" with a super long torso and a FTM, and I'm very obviously pregnant. I was definitely not expecting to show so soon, but it is what it is.

That's kind of funny, I'm also 5'8 with a super long torso which is why I thought I'd be one of those women who didn't look pregnant till 5 or 6 months. Just goes to show you, have to expect the unexpected with this whole pregnancy thing...
  • Options
    I am about the same size as you, I can feel it when I drag my hand across my lower tummy but the only thing that really "shows" is bloat I think. After I eat I see people eyeballing my tummy. I just want a bump so it doesn't shrink on and off through the day!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only showing to people who know me and know what i look like normally. To strangers i just look a bit chubby. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    I look bloated still at 14w1d. I'm sure I'll be in your boat next week, too, but not worried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm very obese. 5ft height, weigh 260. I doubt I will show at all with this pregnancy. I know a cute bump isn't important, having a healthy baby and being healthy myself is. However, I do wish for that baby bump anyway.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm only just starting to have a bit of a bump.  I'm 5'7'' and 130 lbs.  I mostly just got "thicker" until about 25 weeks with DD.  I have a long torso, so there is lots of room for baby to spread out.  

• Options
    With DD I didn't have anything until 24 weeks and even then it was tiny. This time I was thinking I would show earlier, but so far no real bump.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    With my first I wasn't noticably pregnant until 6-7 months. It stinks, because you want to show and have that cute pregnant belly, but sometimes it just takes longer to "pop."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ummm I just look fat. My normal clothes are a bit too tight by mat clothes are still a bit too big. This is no fun, esp we haven't told many ppl yet. ugh. Next wk tho!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm 14 weeks and not showing yet. I'm 5'4", 135 pre-pg, and haven't gained any weight either. I don't have a flat stomach, I've always had a pooch, but I haven't noticed a change in it yet and my sz8 jeans still fit just fine.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Miggg said:
    Pretty much the same for me. I'm 5'8" with a super long torso and a FTM, and I'm very obviously pregnant. I was definitely not expecting to show so soon, but it is what it is.
    That's kind of funny, I'm also 5'8 with a super long torso which is why I thought I'd be one of those women who didn't look pregnant till 5 or 6 months. Just goes to show you, have to expect the unexpected with this whole pregnancy thing...

I'm 5'7" with a very long torso and I already have a substantial bump at 13w2d.  I seriously thought I wouldn't show forever because of my height & torso length.  I'm telling my boss today since hiding this belly is getting ridiculously difficult (and I'm probably not fooling anyone, haha).

Once baby is here, ALL THE CHAMPAGNE will be mine.
  • Options
    ditto what @RedInLove said ... (exact same size! and also never having a flat stomach!) except I did gain a few pounds so far - 3 or 4 or 5 maybe? though then just had a nasty stomach bug so might have lost at least some of that back.  Definitely no baby bump (which is stressing me out even though it really is a good thing since I don't want to tell everyone at school(work) yet) - just look like I just finished a way too big meal or too.  Especially late in the day.  
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Options
    Im pregnant with my fourth and really thought I would be huge by now...I still feel like Iam in the is she fat or is she pregnant stage. This pregnancy is totally different from my previous two...I lost 50+ plus pounds beforehand and workout rigorously...thinking that has something to do with it this time around.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    I'm also around 5'9...last PG I didn't show until around 22 weeks and then EXPLOSION.  I never had a cute little bump...everything just got ginormous, lol.  I started at 149 and ended 201 (with pre-e, I had her early).  I basically gained 51 pounds in 17 weeks.  Not fun.

This pregnancy, I am thinner.  I started at 133 and have gained a few pounds but just feel thicker in he middle.  My boobs are effing ginormous and I am pretty much in my regular clothes still and I am 13 and a half weeks.  

But, if there is anything to be learned...every pregnancy is different.  Even with the same person. I have been really sick this pregnancy.
    I am guessing I'll wind up packing on the guacamole weight at around the same time. LOL.

• Options
    I'm at 13w with twins and not showing. I just look like a chubby lady with bad acne. Its almost like being a teenager again. :)
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited November 2013
    awc1986 said:
    I'm only showing to people who know me and know what i look like normally. To strangers i just look a bit chubby. 
    This^ I have a belly and I barely show unless you know I"m pregnant and so its obvious.  Otherwise it looks like I haven't been rocking out at the gym like I'm suppose to.  I'm 5'6 and prepregnancy weighed 155 pounds. 
  • Options
    Thank you for the input ladies! Hopefully my bump along with some of yours shows up soon :)
  • Options
    I'm almost 15 weeks & not really showing a bump either :( I've gained 7lbs but its not showing in my belly other than a little chubbiness. I hope my bump shows up soon... I'm tired of looking fat!!!
  • Options
    My body is weird. I was pretty thin/fit before and have a bump that I swear looks like I'm six months pregnant but, according to the scale, I haven't gained any weight. How does that work? I think it's half fat half baby but I stick it out like it's all baby. :) 
  • Options

I'm 15w today and still don't really have anything.  I have what looks like a pooch at this point, which just gets bigger as the day goes on.  First thing in the am, I don't really have anything. Sadly, my regular pants don't fit because of the bloat, but I can't quite hold up maternity pants.  Hoping to pop soon!

Also @LDQAM516 - I am a total name nerd, and your kids' names make me SWOON.  Love them!

• Options

As PPs said, there is no need to worry. Bodies are different and the way we carry our babies are different. You will start to show in due time!

I looked like a lumpy mess with DS until about 24-25 weeks when I started to have a cute round bump. This time, the lumpiness has started earlier, so I'm hoping the cute round bump stage will happen earlier, too!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm 15w3d... Original weight was 111 and I'm 5'5" but still no real bump. I've gained about 2.5lbs and just look bloated. I get more of a bump at the end of the day after dinner lol. My butt has definitely gotten more round and clothes fit tighter. My older sisters didn't start showing until 5-6 months when they were pregnant so they've said I may be the same way. I'm excited about getting a bump though :)
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks and 1 day and I am already rounding out but i am only 3'11 tall so it wouldn't seem like average experience to me.
  • Options
    Iam pregnant with our 4th and hardly showing...medium build...5 foot 9 in and 149 prepreg. Iam chalking it up to space in there and the fact that my uterus is tilted back...baby is on track so Iam not concerned...though it is hard to not think about...especially when people used to comment on how huge I will probably be early on. And seriously, you might wake up one day and you will wonder where this huge bump came from! Our body is weird and so different from the other.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts. You will be waddling before long:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"