VBAC

Recent BFP and VBAC Hopeful - Questions?

ashie0610ashie0610 member
edited November 2013 in VBAC
I am newly pregnant and, thanks to the advice I received from this board both before and during the TTC process, I found a new midwife/OB practice.  I had already scheduled my annual female wellness exam with them, and just from speaking to them over the phone I got the sense that they are truly supportive of VBACs in general.  I have also heard great things from others in the area.  My annual exam next week has now been switched to my first prenatal appointment. :)

I've done quite a bit of research already, but my list of questions for the midwife at next week's first appointment is rather short.  Anything I should make sure I'm asking at this point? 

Also, although the reason I had a c-section last time was DS's breech presentation, I did have high blood pressure at the end which led to me delivering two weeks earlier than expected (I would have been induced had he been head-down).  I know that's really important information for my new practice to have.  Do I need to obtain all of the medical records or will they reach out to my previous doctor?
PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  

Re: Recent BFP and VBAC Hopeful - Questions?

• My new provider was totally supportive of vbac and didn't care about my old records. I however wanted them and didn't want to pay my old provider for them. So my new vbac doc office gave me a form so they could request them. That way I can at least look at my old records. But the didn't need them

Since you csection was because of breech that makes you a really really good candidate for vbac!

• My new provider was totally supportive of vbac and didn't care about my old records. I however wanted them and didn't want to pay my old provider for them. So my new vbac doc office gave me a form so they could request them. That way I can at least look at my old records. But the didn't need them Since you csection was because of breech that makes you a really really good candidate for vbac!

Good to know about the medical records.  That's surprising to me but I guess it is a different experience and if the new doctors have the basic medical history they will go off of that and just see what develops.
    PM me for blog link!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, @Molly&!  Very helpful - I didn't think to ask about induction info since I just assumed VBACs weren't induced as a general rule.  Good to know!
    PM me for blog link!

• My doc won't induce until 42 weeks. She starts biweekly bpp and nst at 41 weeks. She will let you go past 42 if all is good. If you choose to be induced she does foley bulb and low dose of pit. Maybe a sweep. Vbacs can be induced but it slightly increase the risk of rupture. Vbac a should not be induced with chemical cervical ripeness though. That's very risky. Hope you love your doc!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"