October 2013 Moms
Options

How did you deliver?

2»

Re: How did you deliver?

• Options

After 3 hrs of pushing, DS wasn't progressing past my pubic bone so the dr made the call for a c-section!

Same here

• Options
    Med free vaginal birth. Went in at 6pm, pushed for 2 hours, delivered at 12:10am. Went super fast!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vaginally with 2 epis (first didn't take).
    6 hours of labor start to finish. Had epi for about 3 hours of the 6 hours. Pushed for 15 minutes.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This time 12 hour med free vaginal delivery.

Interesting to see how Oct 13 lines up with the national averages. A quick Google search showed that the CDC reported the 2011 US c-section rate was 32.8%. We're a little lower than that.

I was also surprised to see how many med free births we have on this board.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    Not entirely planned med free birth here. Lol. But my birth went crazy gas and she was out in one contraction.

I won't lie. I always said I was playing it by ear. But in the back of my head I never really thought I'd do it. However, I think a woman can do anything for a little while. I couldn't imagine pushing med free for hours.

FYI...I had an epi with my first and pushed for three hours. The one contraction (2 pushes) without meds wa easier than three hours of pushing with them.
  • Options
    Got the Epi but it wore off so I felt the whole pushing part..was no fun!
  • Options
    Even after laboring for 12 hours, and spending two of those hours pushing, the nurses still didn't call the doctor in time to for him to actually deliver my baby! I could understand with a slip n' slide baby, but two hours of pushing? You'd think that would have given them enough warning, haha! 
  • Options
    Arod1087 said:

Got the Epi but it wore off so I felt the whole pushing part..was no fun!</blockquote
    This

• Options
    Vaginal w/ epi- I received it around 6 CM and felt like I was dying.  I do not know how you all can do it med free! 
  • Options
    By the time I got my epidural I was already complete and we had to just wait for the doctor to get to the hospital. So the epidural kicked in just for the pushing and I never could feel any of the contractions for pushing. Makes me think next time I could go med free or considering how quickly my labor was as a FTM, I might not get a choice.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• Options
    With my first I was in labor for 27 hours, got an epi about 24 hours in, pushed for 3, and had a vacuum assisted birth. With my second I was in labor for 2 hours, no meds, and my daughter came out in three contractions of pushing. I loved my natural birth. The pain was so much more intense, but the rush of hormones and the whole recovery process was so much better!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Med free until 9cm and then had the epi. I'm glad I didn't have to feel the pain of a nine lb baby being born!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Induced labor for 26 hours, finally got to 10cm dilated and fully effaced and baby was still transverse and I spiked a fever.  At that point I had a c-section.  He came out with a bad cone head and bruises on his face from being jammed in the birth canal so I'm glad we opted for the c-section when we did
  • Options
    I had all the drugs and my only regret was not getting them sooner.
  • Options
    Planned c-section. Beau was breech and I had had a c-section with DD so no chance of vaginal delivery for me :(

• Options
    Attempted vbac turned c section after three hours of pushing and no progress. Thank you 9+lb ds

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Med free vaginal birth. At 7cm, I had my midwife break my waters and DS was born 20 minutes later. Slip and slide baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Got induced at 41 weeks, 30 hours of labor 2 epis and ended up with a C-section because LO's heart rate kept dropping after about 24 hours of labor and my progression stopped at 7 cm's

• Options
    Went into labor at 38 weeks. Had a csection. Found out I had a MRSA infection at the site where they do the spinal. They refused to do it because it could contaminate spinal fluid. I had to have general anesthesia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"