Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Infant car seat

Britax B safe infant car seat. Does anyone have one? I was originally going to go with a chicco key fit but bought the b readt stroller so am considering the b safe. But the reviews say a lot about baby being hot and sweaty. I am worried about that since I am due beginning of May and it will just start getting really hot.
Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Infant car seat

• Options
    All car seats can get hot.  The B-Safe is a highly rated car seat with a good height and weight limit.  Easy to install too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your input!
    Anniversary 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got the b ready & b safe combo. Haven't started to use it yet but the b safe is a highly recommended car seat plus you won't need an adapter with the stroller.
  • Options
    Do you happen to have the black B safe by chance? The closest store that carries them is 2 1/2 hours away and in the picture of the black one I cannot tell if the newborn insert inside with the circles is blue or like a silver kind of color. Thanks for your input as well!
    Anniversary 

• Options
    All the B-safe seats have a grey insert with circles :) we have one and we love it! It fits itty bitty babies great and it will last a long time!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    Perfect thank you!
    Anniversary 

• Options
    Also remember that you will most likely take the infant seat from the car each time you use in the first 4 or 5 months (unless you have a really heavy baby) so it will stay cooler in general compared to the future convertible seat.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the black b safe, I don't think it was any warmer then other seats I've seen. It fit DD well at birth and was an easy instal in our car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used the black b-safe car seat. It was really easy to install, DD never sweat in it (born in June) and was easy to clean. No complaints at all.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you're worried about it being hot when it's in the sun, you could also consider getting one that's not black (a lighter color), that will make a tiny difference.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have the Chicco Keyfit which I love. DD was born in November, but came summer she was hot and sweating like crazy in it. All the carseats have so much padding I'm gonna guess they're all hot in the summer, so don't let that stop you getting the seat you want.
  • Options
    @scooter028 the snap and go is unnecessary for you ;) the b safe clips right in to the b agile.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    We have a black B-Safe and it's great. I can't say it's hotter than any other seat, we never had an issue. The only time my baby got hot in her seat was during a road trip through the dessert when our AC went out (of course!), but even then, with the windows down, it wasn't terrible and she was sweaty, but no more than I'd expect her to be.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also, we love the snap in feature for the Bob. I'm sure it works the same way with the Britax stroller, too. I have always felt that she is secure while snapped into the stroller and I love that it's super easy to just click her in and go.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The convienance and saving 50 bucks on the adapter and all your ladies help I think I'm probably just going tonstart considering that
    Instead of the graco. I husband luckily has a class in the 3 hour away town that sells the car seat so I showed him on another carseat whay to play with :) like ease of putting n the base, weight compared to the graco. Thabks so much ladies for all your input it helped a lot!
    Anniversary 

• Options
    I just bought the b ready but I got the chaperone for free instead of the b safe since te chaperone was a more expensive seat.

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"