November 2012 Moms

PB&J..

Has anyone given LO pb&j yet?

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

Re: PB&J..

• I just gave Zane a toasted pb&j. I cut the crust off and then cut the sandwich in 4 long strips and into chunks. Needless to say, he devoured half of a sandwich. Along with 2 cuties and some apple juice. 
    I was calling his lunch his 'big kid lunch'.

These kids need to stop growing up.

• Been giving him pb&j for about 4 months.
    Toasted and not.
    He loves pb, picky sometimes about the j.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmmm... Great minds think a like. ;)

• Are you switching up the jelly/jam?

• Yep. I don't prefer the jelly but I've given it to her twice at a restaurant. Once she liked it and once she didn't.

• I really want to try PB, but pedi has been pretty adamant about waiting till 2.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No. No peanut allergy. She said that's typical recommendation.

• I always thought PB was a year...not that we waited since we have no allergies in the family. I have never heard of a 2 year wait on PB. Seems a bit silly...but I guess all pedis are different.
  • I have a sick appt with him tomorrow. I'm going to ask again.

• @jg1011 2 is a little crazy. Ours said 1, but i didnt wait. She loves it! We have zero food allergies though.

• Mine pedi told me 2 not for the fact that we have an allergy but because it's a choking hazard from being so sticky. I really am going to try it now though because I love peanut butter :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never heard of the wait being 2 years. Even when I worked at daycares. It was 12-18 months. The 1st daycare I worked at I was the teacher in the 12-18 month room and every other Friday on the lunch menu was pb&j and those kiddos gobbled up those sandwiches.

We have no allergy in the family and pb is a staple in our household. Like I said LO devoured half of a sandwich and he devoured the 2nd half at dinner. I'm glad everyone has had success with pb&j.

• I haven't yet, but I will soon. 

Our pedi said there was no restriction. 

I bet she will love it.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm sure she will too. :)@datagirl79

• I've read that you can thin out PB by mixing it with applesauce if you are worried about choking maybe you could try that?
    My DH gave our LO PB not realizing she couldn't have any. Apparently he is deaf as it had been addressed at one of the check ups. He was a walmart shopping and there was a sample lady giving out uncrustables. Of course, she loved it. But my mom has developed a peanut allergy in the last few years so I am afraid to try it again. She said that the reaction doesn't always show up the very first exposure. Scary :(
  • N loves PB! I spread it fairly thin and usually put it on a whole wheat sandwich thin so it's not too much bread. Haven't tried jam yet but I'm fairly sure he'd love that too. I sometimes stir jam into his homemade yogurt. Apple butter is also a hit on toast. Really my child just loves all the carbs! He had peanuts way before a year in a sauce on Thai noodles.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have some nut allergies, so I'm waiting. I'm so nervous about it I'm thinking of staging LO's first try in the parking lot of a hospital. That sounds bonkers, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"