August 2011 Moms

JnK- baby news??!

Haven't seen you on recently... Any baby news!?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: JnK- baby news??!

• Congratulations! I hope that you both recover well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Oh Em Gee!!!!!!! Congrats! She's so beautiful! I love the nn Bug!
  • Congrats!!! She's gorgeous!
  • Yayyyyy!!! Congrats! She's so cute!! Yes, please do share more soon!
  • Yay!!!! Congrats!!! She's precious!!!
  • Every time I try to write the story it just gets too long!! :)

Long story short, Pru was born on Sunday at 9:41pm.  We had planned for a VBA2C, but after an hour and a half NST during which we got NO movement from P (despite a strong heartbeat) we decided something was up and she was better out than in (39 weeks).  

Turns out, a bad cramp that I'd had on Saturday was a nearly complete placental abruption.  She was covered in blood and meconium and had her cord wrapped around her neck twice.  

She couldn't breathe on her own.  Her oxygen saturation was only 40%, rose to 60% where it stayed until they put her on CPAP.  After 4 hours, she finally just turned around.  

They treated her with antibiotics for an infection.  She is beating her jaundice.  Everything else is just scary detail in the past.  

We are settling in just perfectly.  She's an amazing little girl.  I couldn't be happier.  Hank's just totally smitten, and Odie is doing considerably well for a 2 year old with territorial issues.  

My recovery has been harder because I'm older, I have two other kids to worry about and the NICU was RIDICULOUSLY far away from the postpartum recovery rooms.  

Thanks for the love, ladies!!  I hope you're all doing well...  I promise I'll be back around more starting Monday.  :)  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • OMG! That is so scary!! I am so, so glad everything is ok now!
  • Glad to hear the little lady is doing well now, despite the scary start. Congratulations!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Geez, that's scary!  My heart just skipped a few beats for you.  Congratulations on being home and settling in as a family of 5.  Glad the boys are doing so well and hope those scary details can stay in the past!  She's a cutie, by the way!
  • Oh my goodness!  I did not expect this big news when I opened this post!!!

Congratulations, she is so sweet.  Glad to hear everything is settling down and going well for you and your family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Holy scary story! So glad to hear everyone is doing ok now!
    Congratulations Mama! You and Jay did a good job :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • She is precious-congratulations!
    imageimage
  • Wow just wow JK! I am so glad all is ok but how scary. She is so beautiful
    :x
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Congratulations! She is a cutie pie! I am so glad yall did the section and she is doing better!
  • Wow! Congratulations. I'm so glad that she's here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've been coming by here just to check on you, congratulations!!  I'm so sorry you didn't get the birth you'd hoped and planned for, but SO glad that she is here and you're both healthy and home together now with your three guys!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"