Attachment Parenting
Options

xp recommend your Target carrier

NukkeNukke member
edited November 2013 in Attachment Parenting
I have an Ergo baby with an infant insert. DD (who is almost two months old and about 11lbs) loves it but I find it a little hard to adjust without my husbands help.

I have a target gift card I was thinking of using to get a simpler carrier or sling. If you could recommend any baby carrier sold by target, what would you get? A Moby? That Infantino wrap? The peanut shell thingy?

Re: xp recommend your Target carrier

• Options
    If you are going for a lower cost option, the Infantino mei Tei is pretty good. We do quite well with it. I think it's called the Infantino Sash. My first buckle carrier was the Infantino Flip and it killed my back, even when he was only 10 pounds. A Moby won't last you much longer...even though they say up to 30 lbs, they aren't ideal for older more mobile babies, at least that was my experience. But I would save the money and take some time to learn to adjust your ergo on your own. You won't find nearly the level of comfort with the other carriers as you will with the ergo. I am able toget it adjusted very easily, it just takes some practice.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options

If you are going for a lower cost option, the Infantino mei Tei is pretty good. We do quite well with it. I think it's called the Infantino Sash. My first buckle carrier was the Infantino Flip and it killed my back, even when he was only 10 pounds.

A Moby won't last you much longer...even though they say up to 30 lbs, they aren't ideal for older more mobile babies, at least that was my experience.

But I would save the money and take some time to learn to adjust your ergo on your own. You won't find nearly the level of comfort with the other carriers as you will with the ergo. I am able toget it adjusted very easily, it just takes some practice.

I can adjust all the straps on my own without issue except the one that crosses my shoulder blades. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my carrier specifically, because my husband needs to yank the strap pretty darn hard to get it to tighten. Its so stiff, and impossible for me to tighten by reaching back and pulling with all my might. I bought the carrier probably over a year ago, otherwise I'd try contacting Ergo to see if I could swap it out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree the Infantino Sash MT would be the best bet. 

On your ergo problem...many users find it works better to buckle the sternum strap first, loosen the shoulder straps, slip the sternum strap over your head, put baby in, adn tighten the shoulder straps - that's easier for many than trying to clip the sternum straps between  your shoulder blades.  If the insert is an issue, you can likely ditch it.  Just use the pillow part or a folded blanket for baby to sit on - baby's legs will be out and able to kick.  As long as baby isn't slumping and the carrier isn't higher than the middle of baby's ear, you are good to go.
  • Options
    Yeah, our babywearing group loves the Infantino Mei Tai. It's less than 40$ and looks pretty good. I had some issues with the Ergo as well. We still have a Performance Ergo for SO, but we rarely use it. I ended up ditching it for Kinderpacks and now a Tula. Both of which I've found to be more comfortable and easier to use. The Tula is my newest one though and we're still getting used to it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    At that age a ring sling is really nice. Consider one of the adjustable slings they have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"