April 2014 Moms
Options

Calling all moms who have more then two kids.

I don't know if this has been a discussion before, if it has sorry for asking again.
This is my second child and I'm so worried about my little one feeling left out or forgotten. She will be 4 in December. I've looked up all the ways to involve your other child with the new baby but I still worry that she's going to feel left behind and start to dislike the baby or me and DH, just wondering if any of y'all had this same fear and how it's worked out of you? I'll be signing her up for the sibling classes the hospital offers and have been reading books to her about being a big sister and what happens when baby comes. But I don't think she gets how much it's going to change. Thanks for reading this, I'm just freaking out about this

Re: Calling all moms who have more then two kids.

• Options
    Tbh, it's hard to say based on the two I have. My son was only 22.5 months old when my daughter was born, so for them, they've really only known what it's like to have a sibling. As for right now, I've been telling my son about the baby and my DD to a lesser extent. I'm a SAHM, so aside from some tweaks to the routine, they will still be doing their normal stuff. School, swimming, etc . Obviously, for a few weeks, DH will be helping more, but honestly, I'm not worried about them adjusting. I think doing things like explaining the baby's needs, and that the baby will cry, and how your DD can help when that happens will be a good way to transition.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am a first born and when my brother was born i was 3. I digressed a little, started play drinking out of a bottle and telling stupid stories in front of the tv so i would get some attention but it only lasted a short time and i got over it quickly
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My situation is a little different. My two are 7.5 years apart. When I was expecting our 2nd we involved our oldest with everything. Every week we would read about how the baby was growing and changing. She would help us pick things out and even helped paint the nursery. We bought books that were written for children expecting a sibling and that was fun for her. When our 2 nd was born, we would help her hold the baby and let her help get things for diaper changes. When I would nurse the new baby my oldest would grab her books and read to us. I know the age difference is way different but I hope these can help with ideas for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm only going on kid 2, but DD & LO will be spaced the same as me and my twin brothers were. I was a total monster as soon as they were born. Granted, they were twins and LO is not, but I'm still expecting an adjustment period. I figure I'm safer preparing myself mentally for temporary issues than not.

This is similar to one of the families I sit for. Their first child was one and a half when her twins brother and sister were born (who happened to be premies) so yea she's vocal about being jealous. When I come over she says she doesn't want me playing with them and when her parents are busy with them she tries to act like a baby to get their attention. She'll be three on the 25th of this month and the twins are 16 months old. I'm sure in a few months to a year they'll be the three musketeers.
  • Options
    This is my third... With DD, she was really good when DS was born. They are 29 months apart, and while she was good with DS, she was a bit cranky with us and pushed the envelope. It only lasted a month or so and then it subsided. They fight like cats and dogs now though haha. With this pregnancy, DS will be 34 months older and I'm more worried about him! I think the fact that you're concerned and going the extra mile with her will help a lot :) try not to worry too much
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    There is a 2 year difference between DD and DS. It was a little hard for her at first because she was used to having my attention whenever she wanted it, but my adjustment to having 2 kids was way harder than her adjustment to having a sibling. She can get annoyed with him for drooling on her toys, but they have so much fun together. I also had the worry that I wouldn't be able to love the second as much as the first or that she would always be my favorite, but once DS arrived, all of those fears disappeared.
  • Options
    Everything will be fine.....if everything didn't work out I think there would be a whole lot more only children in the world!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    These twins are 7&8 for us. TRUST me--- you have NOTHING to worry about!!!!!! Everything works out!!! ❤️
  • Options

These twins are 7&8 for us. TRUST me--- you have NOTHING to worry about!!!!!! Everything works out!!! ❤️

HOLY BANANAS!! That's a lot of children! Hats off to you ma'am!
  • Options
    amhah09amhah09 member
    edited November 2013
    DS is 21 months older than DD. There's some adjusting and digression but it was a pretty natural transition for us. Y'know people have been having multiple kids for ages now, it's a part of life. It's not detrimental to your child to bring home a sibling.

Edited: autocorrect

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"