Parenting
Options

Concerts

I am knocking off 2 of my bucket list concerts this month, Pearl Jam and Justin Timberlake.  What are some of the acts that you would put on a concert bucket list?

Rage Against the Machine, Weezer, Original Smashing Pumpkins, No Doubt, Pink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Concerts

• Options
    Kanye, Kendrick L, Rihanna, Pink, Prince, MJB

• Options
    I might be going to the legwarmers in a couple weeks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    robinsokj said:
    I might be going to the legwarmers in a couple weeks
    Never heard of them.

• Options
    I bet a Prince show would be amazing. He killed the Superbowl halftime show.

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Not a bucket list concert but I won tickets to Sara Evans and am going with my best friend!!

Mostly exciting b/c A)I never win anything and B)It's an excuse to drink beer, eat dinner, and hang out with no kids!

• Options

Not a bucket list concert but I won tickets to Sara Evans and am going with my best friend!!

Mostly exciting b/c A)I never win anything and B)It's an excuse to drink beer, eat dinner, and hang out with no kids!

Is she the one who does that horrendous Suds in a Bucket song?

• Options
    I wish I could have seen Journey with Steve Perry. Or Nirvana.
    As for possible concerts, I saw Eric Church last summer and that was pretty much my number 1 on the list.

Formerly known as KJLx121.
  • Options
    Karbird5 said:

Yes...so she will need lots and LOTS of beer!

• Options
    A Perfect Circle, Led Zeppelin back in the day, Fiona Apple, Sia, Jesse and the Rippers

I haven't seen APC, but I have seen Tool.  I drank during the concert and they had such long interludes between songs that it nearly put me to sleep. 

I've also seen Britney during her Circus Tour.  She wasn't very entertaining and of course lip sync'd but everything else around her was entertaining. I was glad that I scored free tix for that.

• Options
    Just finally saw pearl jam last month.
    For my bucket list I have to add Tool.  I've been to a lot of amazing shows though, sometimes from bands that I was "meh" about before I went.  Young the Giant was ah-mazing live.  Fell in love immediately.
    image image
  • Options
    bullybutt said:
    Karbird5 said:

Yes...so she will need lots and LOTS of beer!

At this point I could be going to see Disney on Ice for all I care. Seriously just need to get away... Sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    Just finally saw pearl jam last month.
    For my bucket list I have to add Tool.  I've been to a lot of amazing shows though, sometimes from bands that I was "meh" about before I went.  Young the Giant was ah-mazing live.  Fell in love immediately.
    Was it everything you imagined?  Did they rock your face off for old timers?

• Options
    A Perfect Circle, Led Zeppelin back in the day, Fiona Apple, Sia, Jesse and the Rippers

I haven't seen APC, but I have seen Tool.  I drank during the concert and they had such long interludes between songs that it nearly put me to sleep. 

I've also seen Britney during her Circus Tour.  She wasn't very entertaining and of course lip sync'd but everything else around her was entertaining. I was glad that I scored free tix for that.

::gasp:: I've seen Tool about 5 times and had the most amazing time of my life at all of them. It makes me sad that Britney could ever not be entertaining. I love her.
    I want to see some major dance routines like she did back in the day.  For the most part she just walked around in costume and threw a hand up from time to time like Vannah White.  We all know you lip sync Britney, shake that ass and make up for it~!

• Options
    PJ was awesome. Played for almost 3 hours. It was like 2 days after the new album came out though, and they pretty much played the entire thing. A few of my friends didn't love that because they didn't know the ones yet, which I can see, but honestly they played so much stuff that there were plenty of old tunes.

And yes, at one point I actually turned to DH and said "that just rocked my face off."
    image image
  • Options
    I would loooove to see Pearl Jam sometime. Also Madonna. Michael Jackson would have been amazing too. For smaller acts, I'd like to see City & Colour and Modest Mouse at some point too.

One of the best concerts I went to was Bon Jovi because A) tickets were free and 2) they played all the best oldies.

SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    We love concert but don't get many good ones around here.

I've seen Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Dave Matthews Band, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Paul McCartney and Tom Petty.

Tom petty was the best show I've ever seen by far. That man can rock out.

I still need to see Bruce Springsteen!! And One Direction:)

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    MrsCodeMonkeyMrsCodeMonkey member
    edited November 2013
    I've seen

Chili Peppers
    Eve 6
    Good Charlotte
    SR71
    OK Go
    Backstreet Boys
    Dave Matthews
    Incubus
    Ben Folds
    Live
    The Ataris
    Breaking Benjamin
    Swedish House Mafia

I'd love to see Nirvana, Madona, Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Queen, 311, etc. I want to see a lot more...DH and I really enjoyed going to concerts.

Edited to add Green Day because they're awesome!

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    Karbird5 said:
    I bet a Prince show would be amazing. He killed the Superbowl halftime show.

Prince is amazing in concert! My sisters and I have been to a few of his shows and he always has surprise guests and has a long show,,definitely worth going. I've been to all my fave artists shows mostly. Justin Timberlake a few times ( and going again in January ) Christina Aguilera , maroon 5, no doubt, Morrissey, mazzy star, purity ring, ladytron etc...etc... I think my bucket list one would be The Cure since the always seem to only perform out of country.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • Options
    Kanye, Lil Wayne, Saves the Day (I've seen them but really want to see them again). 

Best concert I've ever been to was Band of Horses. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    This is dating myself but I was lucky enough to see Guns and Roses back in the day. Slash was incredible and Axl had just broken up with Stephanie Seymour and dedicated an extended "Get in the Ring" to her.

One of my husband's biggest regrets was not going to see Pink Floyd on their Division Bell tour.  It would be incredible to see them live but I doubt they'll reunite at this point.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"