Food Allergy

Ener-G or other egg replacements

DS has had an egg allergy for his entire life, and I am only now starting to experiment with baked goods. I have used Greek yogurt with a boxed cake mix, and it turned out great!

Tomorrow I'm thinking about baking some cornbread (from a box mix) using Ener-G. Has anyone tried this, or have other tips/alternatives that might work?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ener-G or other egg replacements

• My go to is applesauce. 1/4 cup = 1 egg. I've also used ground flax. I think it's 1 T flax plus 3 T water (it says on the package).
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Thanks ladies! I decided to go for it and used the Ener-G. It turned out okay, especially with a little honey butter on it. Everyone else said it was really good, but I think I could taste a little bit of an off flavor. 

For the flax, I'm assuming I would use ground flax, not the whole seed...?
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is also allergic to eggs as well as tree nuts and peanuts.  My dr told us that it's very very rare that someone react to a baked product w/ eggs as an ingredient.  We tried it and it was a success!  She has zero reaction! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"