December 2011 Moms
Options

A few random questions

sportsmommasportsmomma member
edited November 2013 in December 2011 Moms
Keep meaning to post and then more things come to me so a few questions:

1. Do you let LO sleep with stuffed animals that have the hard eyes? DS is obsessed with a stuffed animal he was gifted and freaks if it's not in the crib but the eyes freak me out that he could get it off and choke.

2. Does anyone have a rec for winter gloves for LO? Preferably gloves, not mittens.

3. How do get LO to not squirm to get fingernails, and especially toenails, cut? DS's toenails are essentially weapons but it's darn near impossible to get one trimmed, much less a whole foot!

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Format - didn't realize it posted as one big paragraph - sorry about that!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: A few random questions

• Options
    DD only has her "lovie" (blanket) in her bed, could you maybe try to switch it out with something you're more comfortable with? No idea on the gloves, I will be checking back as I have the same question. I do it after bath when she's sleepy or if I can get her to sit and watch Mickey Mouse for a few minutes. Distractions are our friend :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a puppy in the crib that has a blanket attached to it that's similar to this one
    I haven't put gloves/mittens on LO yet, I don't know how I'm going to get them to wear them, he hates anything on his hands.
    DH is always really good about cutting DS's nails/fingernails. I made him bleed when he was a newborn so I'm too freaked out to do it. He'll watch a movie with DS to do it, I know it's a bad habit but it works!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I have to go up and check the eyes DS's stuffed animals, because I never really thought about the eyes coming off. He doesn't particularly care what stuffed animals are in his crib, though, so I don't think he'll mind if we switch things around.

2. Not really. DS had a couple pairs of mittens last year (one from Gymboree and a handmade pair) but it was a wrestling match to get them on.

3. I cut DS's fingernails when he is distracted. Usually it's at bedtime when DH is reading DS his bedtime stories. The last time DS needed his toenails cut I did it when he was sitting on the potty! He loves sitting on the potty (it's the ring kind that sits on our regular toilet) and he's fairly captive there so I was able to get his toenails cut without him squirming too much. Now, if I could only convince him to actually GO POTTY when he is sitting on the potty...
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. I pretty much stopped worrying about what she sleeps with around 18 months or so. I'm pretty sure she's slept with animals that have hard eyes. She never plays with the eyes, so I don't think they'd come off.

2. I have no glove recommendations. I can hardly manage to get DD's thumb in the right place in a mitten. I can't imagine trying to put gloves on her.

3. Nail cutting is a two man job at our house. My husband holds her and distracts her while I trim. I can sometimes manage fingers by myself, but I could never do toes without my husband.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BlueCards said:
    Keep meaning to post and then more things come to me so a few questions:

1. Do you let LO sleep with stuffed animals that have the hard eyes? DS is obsessed with a stuffed animal he was gifted and freaks if it's not in the crib but the eyes freak me out that he could get it off and choke. 

DS doesn't like stuffed animals, all he has in his crib is Sophie and the glowing seahorse.  

2. Does anyone have a rec for winter gloves for LO? Preferably gloves, not mittens. 

I am not sure I'll even try to get him to wear gloves! I know he will absolutely hate them.  

3. How do get LO to not squirm to get fingernails, and especially toenails, cut? DS's toenails are essentially weapons but it's darn near impossible to get one trimmed, much less a whole foot! 

I don't get him to not squirm :-( He's usually on my lap, DH holds the foot I am working on and I try to be as fast as possible. He's strong though, so it usually takes a while   . I can do the fingernails by myself. I sing "wheels on the bus", but he is still super wiggly and cries. I hate having to do it! Fingernails are usually done once a week, toenails every other week. 

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Format - didn't realize it posted as one big paragraph - sorry about that!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    I really have never worried about hard eyes on stuffed animals. He loves his stuffed toys and usually takes a couple to bed. But even if it did come off, I really don't worry about him putting it in his mouth. He's really good about not putting things in his mouth, and I've drilled it in his head to come to me when small parts come off (ds1 has lots of little toys), so if anything breaks off, he starts yelling uh oh and brings it straight to me. Lol.

I just have soft walmart gloves. He didn't mind them last year, but this year, we will have to see how it goes.

As far as cutting toenails and fingernails, I just put him in my lap and do it. I usually make sound effects when I clip or act like the clippings are hitting me in the face and he thinks it's hilarious! So clipping nails isn't a big deal around here 99% of the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1.  DS goes to bed with a stuffed teddy bear but never thought about the eyes.  Plus like laken DS is very good about letting us know when something isn't right by saying Uh-oh and coming over to us!

2. For gloves/mittens - we have ones like these - they go all the way up to their elbow so they stay on.  Love them!  https://www.onestepahead.com/Clothing/Winter-Clothing/L-Bow-Elbow-Length-Gloves.pro?fpi=103619&catCd=2W&prefixCode=2W

3. Definitely distractions.  Either something on the TV or an M&M :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

1.  G is a stuffed animal junkie so he goes to bed with about ten of them, sometimes I wonder if there is room for him in his bed ;) Only elmo has hard eyes, but they are so big that they definitely couldnt be a choking harzard.

2. He has mittens, I need to go buy another pair and get some of those mitten clips... Once it gor really cold he got a little better about wearing the mittens- we'll see how it goes this year.

3.  So weird but he actually really likes it now, used to be a huge battle, but now he asks us to do it and sits there watching in amazement.  My kid is a weirdo what can I say :)

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"