Adoption

silliestbunny

I saw in your post that you are a cancer survivor. ?May I ask what kind you had? ?I know it is none of my business. ?I am a cancer survivor myself. ?I was diagnosed with cervical cancer when I was pregnant with DS. ?It's gone now, but so is my fertility.?

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me asking. ?Fortunately, there aren't many in our situation on these boards, so your post jumped out at me.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: silliestbunny

• Sorry for my slow response.
    Work has been ridiculously hectic!  Add holiday stuff after work and I have been of the computer socially.  I am always happy to share my story.  Additionally, I am glad you are doing so well!

I had alveolar soft part sarcoma.  It's super rare.  It started as a tumor in my neck when I was in college.  Since then, I've had three recurrences, all in my lungs.  This particular type of sarcoma is known to be slow grown and for mets to show up years later.  If I am vigilant, it's very treatable.  Unfortunately, the tumors are very vascular, and with a pregnancy increasing blood production, we'd worry about new problems.

In case you are interested in knowing more....Sarcomas make up less than 1% of all cancers (there are three broad categories of cancers: carcinomas (includes lung, breast, prostate), blood cancers (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma), and then sarcoma (bone cancer is the most notable of all sarcomas).  Because they are rare, they don't receive the funding for research of other cancers, and therefore, many sarcomas are amongst the most deadly of cancers (i am lucky w/the type I have).   

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"