December 2011 Moms
Options

LASIK

Anybody have laser corrective eye surgery? I have horrible vision and have always dreamed of being able to just get up and SEE! We are finally at a place financially that we can afford for both DH and I to have it done. (Not fair for just one of us to do it!) Wondering if anyone has gone through the procedure and would like to share how it went.

Re: LASIK

• Options
    My DH had it done a few years ago (about 6 years?) and was very pleased with the results. He is always talking about how great it is to not need contacts or glasses any more. I'm planning to get mine done once we are for sure done having kids. I've heard that your vision can change quite a bit while pregnant (not that I have any literature to back up that claim) so I've decided to wait a couple more years.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DH had it done a few years ago (about 6 years?) and was very pleased with the results. He is always talking about how great it is to not need contacts or glasses any more. I'm planning to get mine done once we are for sure done having kids. I've heard that your vision can change quite a bit while pregnant (not that I have any literature to back up that claim) so I've decided to wait a couple more years.
    Really?? I'm going to have to ask about that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The eye dr told I should wait until I am done having kids because vision can change for better or worse each pregnancy.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    The eye dr told I should wait until I am done having kids because vision can change for better or worse each pregnancy.

This!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DH had it done in 2005. He had a few glasses-free years, but needed a slight prescription again sometime between 2009 and 2011. My vision is terrible and I'd love to do it, but I'm not sure the money and pain are worth the temporary fix.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    edited November 2013
    DH had it done in 2005. He had a few glasses-free years, but needed a slight prescription again sometime between 2009 and 2011. My vision is terrible and I'd love to do it, but I'm not sure the money and pain are worth the temporary fix.
    DH also has experienced a slight change a couple years after his surgery, but only in ONE of his eyes. Even his eye doctor was kind of puzzled by that. It's not enough for him to need corrective lenses but he definitely notices.

ETA: even with the vision change, DH is still happy that he had the surgery done and encourages me to have it too when I'm ready to do so.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'm going to do it. I don't want to wait until I'm done having kids because who knows if I'll have more and who knows if I'll pop them out until I'm 40. Time to do something for me!
  • Options
    DH had a lasik done, too, about 8 or 9 years ago. His eyes have changed for the worse again since then and he is back to needing glasses or contacts when driving. 

But yes, definitely time to do something for you, T! You absolutely deserve it. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"