Nurseries and Baby Gear

uppababy vista vs cruz?

I've been checking out various options and videos online.  I go back and forth all the time.  Anyone with any helpful advice?  We're not urban dwellers - we live in suburbia. Not sure how much I'd use the bassinet - too many options out there!

TTC#2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: uppababy vista vs cruz?

• Well both have the bassinet option so
    Not sure that is your deciding factor. I have the Cruz and love it. Pretty much every person in Chicago has the vista including 2 of my good friends. I also have 2 other friends with the Cruz:) anyway, the vista is BIG. The Cruz
    Is so nice and lightweight and has all the features of the vista except the rumble seat. So that's really your deciding factor. I am worrying abt a second seat later if I need it and honestly don't love the set up of the 2 seats in the vista so we would likely get something different all together. I
    Wouldn't bother with the vista personally, too big and heavy. I don't even know if the wheel base would fit through some doorways! And I imagine you'll be lifting it in and out of the car on a regular basis? I'd go Cruz
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• We have the Vista (they didn't have the Cruz when my daughter was born). We live in Chicago too and have used it for 3 years. I don't get how it is too heavy. Also, we have never had a problem fitting in any doorway, anywhere in the city.

The only problem we have had with its size is that it does not fit through the xray machines at the airport - it has to be separately inspected. We travel quite a bit so we ended up getting a smaller umbrella for airports. Otherwise, I have no problem pushing, lifting, closing, etc. We don't put it in the trunk because we don't really drive much and if we do, it is not somewhere that we would use a stroller.

I also loved the bassinet. Since we don't really drive, we could put her in there and she would sleep and be very comfortable. She also slept in when she was little and we traveled.

Now that we are having a second, we are just getting the PiggyBack attachment.

• Loading the player...
  • The Cruz wheels are smaller and definitely better for smooth surfaces.  If your sidewalks are rough, I would do the Vista.  I used it in and out of the car for a year and didn't think it was too big or heavy at all.  I also loved the bassinet.  Babies really shouldn't be in the car seat that much so you shouldn't use that much outside of the car.  The bassinet was great for the first few months and then we used it as a sleeping place for travel til DD was 6 months old.  I did walk a lot from my house though so I always used the bassinet.  I might have not used it as much if I was using my stroller from the car primarily.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • thanks for all the input! i'm still debating but i think the vista may win out!

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
  • While I was pregnant, I lived in downtown Chicago (river north). Everyone there has either the vista or the bugaboo chameleon. We got the vista. After LO was born, we moved to the burbs, and the vista is not practical for my lifestyle out here. It really is a pain when you are out and about from store to store getting in and out of a car with that thing. I mostly use the keyfit caddy with my car seat. When LO is older, we will get an umbrella. The vista does not suit our lifestyle very well, although we do use it from time to time for walks around the neighborhood.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• psk said:

@JilllyBean, I'm in Chicago as well and BBB big time keeps trying to say the Cruz isn't as good at handling the city sidewalks, have you had any issues? The Vista is honestly just too heavy for me, even though I think everyone in my neighborhood has it! I don't know how some of the girls manage them!

Because it's more expensive!! Haha I have had no problems and we go on 1-2 hour walks a day. The sidewalks are treacherous and we do just fine.

Also no need for a snap and go, there is an adapter for the Cruz so you can snap it right in. Much cheaper

It's so funny how everyone in Chicago has a vista. Like everyone, lol
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

• I have a vista and Looove it! Prob my favorite baby purchase. A friend has the Cruz and she regrets it and wishes she just got the vista. The wheels are smaller and cheaper if you ask me. I personally would go with the vista!

• And I hate mine. Biggest waste of 750 yet. Literally sits in our basement gathering dust, we take it out once a week tops. This is such a personal thing. Go to a store, try folding it, think about your lifestyle. If you are going to be running errands and popping in and out of 4 or more stores at a time, it can be cumbersome. In the Chicago burbs, these are not so common. I LOL at this be needed for the city sidewalks. Seriously, I guess the girls without 700 to spend on a stroller are SOL.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• I have a vista and Looove it! Prob my favorite baby purchase. A friend has the Cruz and she regrets it and wishes she just got the vista. The wheels are smaller and cheaper if you ask me. I personally would go with the vista!

I just think this is funny. I get around just fine with the wheels. Also $300 more for wheels?

@chicagobride_07 is right. Go try therm both out. The Cruz is much lighter and easier to pull in And out of a car in the burbs
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards