Pregnant after 35

We can't agree on his name (sort of vent)

I would never in a million years thought that we would have so much trouble agreeing on a name. Not fighting about it, but geez... lol

We sort of have a Virtue/Biblical theme going with our first 4, unintended per se, but we don't want something that would seem like we randomly picked a name out of the baby book because of that.

I'm leaning towards more modern names, but DH is going way traditional. We have agreed that the middle name will be Henry, which is DH's middle, DH's dad's first, and his grandfather's first, and even further back on his family tree. Our last name is sort of close to Hasselhoff (yes, you can chuckle at that, but no, we are not related to anyone famous/cheezy/rich) but it is very German.

I have 2 names that I love, that DH says he really doesn't like at all; and DH's top choices are not anywhere what I like.
I really like Pierce or Solomon, but he likes John-Mark or Samuel..... See what I mean?

We have quite a large family and many names that friends have suggested are already taken within the family. We already have 2 Davids and 2 James, for goodness sakes.. Also, We have Mark, John, Jacob, Adam, Joshua, Caleb, Christian, Jonathan,  just within our immediate siblings and 1st cousins.

A friend suggested Seth, Deacon, or Shepherd, but we have other distant friends that chose those names for their sons already. And my BFF just named her baby Michael William.

Is anyone have any similar disagreements,, or possible suggestions?

Thanks for letting me vent this before my mood swings take over ;).

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

Re: We can't agree on his name (sort of vent)

• Solomon and Samuel don't seem to far off, maybe one of them will begin to grown on you/him?  I'll throw out a suggestion of Samson... to go along with your biblical names..

My dh and I are in a stalemate over James Anthony or Andrew James... so not too far off but neither of us are willing to budge.  We don't know the sex of this baby yet so that is one reason we're just hanging where we are.

Good luck with a peaceful agreement

• I thought the same as PP when I read Samuel and Solomon. As for other suggestions on the BIblical theme: Elijah? Jonah?
    Or maybe go full-out German with this little guy. Hans, Stefan, Josef
    :)
    Haven't had too much problem agreeing with DH yet on possible names but once in a while he throws one out there and I think "he CAN'T be serious".
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh we were just in baby naming HELL!!!!  Both myself and my husband are teachers so naming a child together is almost impossible.  I worked for the last 12 years in a very urban area so most of my names were not even an option.  He on the other hand works in lily white suburbia so he had an answer for every name I threw out there. "That kid was a douche bag", she was "loose with the boys" or the random nickname that no one in a million years would ever think to come up with he did!  Oh and we are team green so had to do this for both sexes.  At one point I balled up the paper we had possible boys names written down on and threw it at him because he was being such a pain in the !@#$ and got me so mad.  I think we finally narrowed down names but it was quite a pain to get to this point.   Good luck.  Try the website nymbler.com you can put in names you like and it generates names that may be of interest that are along that same vein.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • will give nymbler.com a try! thanks for the tip!

• Nymbler is a great site; However, I think we may have crashed it, ;) j/k

So we are down to Pierce (my fave) vs Luke (his fave)

I guess whomever speaks to the vital records nurse first, gets their way LOL

• Nymbler is a great site; However, I think we may have crashed it, ;) j/k

So we are down to Pierce (my fave) vs Luke (his fave)

I guess whomever speaks to the vital records nurse first, gets their way LOL

LOL Trip him and get a head start to the nurse with the completed paperwork in hand.  Both names are good choices.  I am partial to Luke but only because I have a nephew named Luke and he is my bestest buddy.  Glad the site was at least somewhat helpful.  Both names are great choices I can see why it would be hard to decide. 

•  I like Solomon Samuel 'Hasselhoff'. Or even Samuel Solomon-Sam for short.
  • yeah, I sort of liked Luke until he cracked the "Luke I am your father" quote from Darth Vader/Star Wars... sigh.....

• Men!!!!! LOL

• Lol awe but thats awesome!! I think Luke is an adorable name. (Not just bc im a total Star Wars geek!)

yeah, I sort of liked Luke until he cracked the "Luke I am your father" quote from Darth Vader/Star Wars... sigh.....

• Mac&Kso said:
    Lol awe but thats awesome!! I think Luke is an adorable name. (Not just bc im a total Star Wars geek!)
    yeah, I sort of liked Luke until he cracked the "Luke I am your father" quote from Darth Vader/Star Wars... sigh.....
    Oh, we are big nerds like that, but DH's big point this whole time is finding a name that won't get the poor kid teased (as if "Hassel'hof'") isn't enough, lol..
    I was totally cool until he threw the Darth vader in there..  So, it's ok for his dad to start the teasing before he's born? good grief, ha ha..
    Yep, I married a 14 yr old LOL
    I guess part of my "problem" is that normally I'm pretty laid-back, but the momma hormones this go around are giving me a difficult time of letting anything go.. I cry at the drop of a hat like a pubescent school girl... what is THAT about?

• If it makes you feel any better we are naming our Squishy Emma Grace and our last name starts witha G... So her initials will be EGG... the random texts of eggs has already begun!
  • My husband really wanted the name Judah for a boy.

(It wasn't my favorite - and we're having a girl anyway.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"