June 2013 Moms

Sleeping & Babywearing

I have a Babyhawk Mei Tei and M will only sleep in it for maybe 30 minutes (if I'm lucky) and yet he can sleep in the carseat sometimes for 2 hours!!

Any advice to get him to sleep longer while I wear him? I haven't tried a back carry yet so I don't know if that will help or not  Any suggestions ladies? I would rather wear him than the carseat/stroller. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleeping & Babywearing

• My LO needs a relatively consistent environment while she's napping in the carrier.  She sleeps longer if I'm moving around, but the catch is that I have to keep moving around.  (I try to reclaim this as a positive by calling it my secret to postpartum weight loss.) She likes white noise/noisy public places, but if the noise stops, she tends to wake up.  I also find it helps if I have her positioned so she can't see much--then if she does rouse a little, she's more likely to go right back to sleep.  Whether she's on my front or my back doesn't seem to make much of a difference, though.  
  • Thanks @kh59! What kind of carrier do you have? 

• Loading the player...
  • We have a Beco Gemini and a mei tai--she'll sleep in either one, but the Beco's more comfortable for me now when she takes long naps because she's pushing 18 pounds and my mei tai's not padded.
  • Alright. I guess I will keep moving! I think I will try a back carry just for fun though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"