June 2013 Moms
Options

4 month sleep regression and reflux babies

I think we are starting the wakeful period. Hopefully it won't be too bad. She was sleeping 11 hrs but the past few nights keeps getting up earlier and earlier, to the point where it's a night waking and not up for the day.

She has bad reflux so eating is an event. She nurses and falls asleep. Then I pick her up to hold her upright and she wakes up and cries in discomfort until she spits up. Then she's wide awake again.

I try to soothe her and get her to sleep without eating but that's not normally working. If she's hungry I want to feed her but it's such a process for both of us. Takes at least an hour.

What do those of you with babies who have bad reflux do with night wakings? It's been so long since we dealt with this :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4 month sleep regression and reflux babies

• Options
    Since she's been on meds the night time spit ups don't wake her up, I just hold her while she spits up. She doesn't fully wake so I can lay her right back down.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think the problem is when she wakes up around 4-5 it's so close to her wake up for the day time so she's just not as sleepy. She's not waking up at other times (yet). So then we just end up starting the day way early. It could def be worse so we will see how things go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"