Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Reaction to shots?

DS got his MMR, chickenpox, and flu shots Wednesday afternoon. Today his face, both legs, and both arms have huge welts. Each welt is about as big as an apple (not welded that much, but circumference of one). I've read that welts at injections ite is normal, but these are elsewhere as well. Has anyone had similar occurrences? I have appt for him in 2.5 hours, but seeking some reassurance now. TIA!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Reaction to shots?

• Options
    My niece just had the MMR about a 2 weeks ago and broke out with similar welts a few days later.  Her ped was pretty unhelpful about it but said it "didn't appear serious", the welts went away after about a week and there were no other issues.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks gals! His dr said it's hives but pretty impossible to figure out the cause. I agree - unhelpful. I told her he had tried mangos and clementines for the first time Thursday. She doesn't think it's that or the shots because it wouldn't have been such a delayed reaction. She said after he's over this to introduce one of the foods at a time to see if he gets a reaction then. I hope he doesn't have food allergies, but those foods would be easier to avoid then peanuts or some others!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"