January 2014 Moms
Options

Post baby belly band/belt??

Ever use one or planning on using one? I'm having a RCS, so I don't know if I will be able to use one bc of the sutures and tenderness.
Hopefully STMs that had a CS previously can fill me in.
I saw 2 different kinds: a belly band and post maternity belt (which is prob the same thing as the one you wear while pregnant).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Post baby belly band/belt??

• Options
    If you want to feel like you're going to die after you deliver a baby, then I highly recommend it. ;)  

It was pure torture and I could barely use it.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    I had one from motherhood maternity that was like an abdominal binder with Velcro. I loved it after my c-section! It helped with selling and pain. I used it for over a month. I remember I would lie in bed on my back, unstrap it to sleep, and re-strap it when I had to sit up to get out of bed to feed DD. At first, I wore my pregnancy belly band under it do it wouldn't rub on the sutures. But really, I loved it. To each his own.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if it's standard practice but the morning after I had my c/s I was given a wrap with velcro and really thought it provided a lot of relief. Ask your hospital if they have something like that before you go and spend money on one. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I work in OB. We give all of our c section moms binders after surgery. Most moms love it and say it makes a huge difference.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    @Roses87 - a binder! Thank you - I didn't know the name for it. I really couldn't live without mine for a few weeks. It felt like the only thing that was keeping my organs in place. When my nurse came in to put it on me I gave her the most terrified look, but once it was in place I asked her for a hug. 
  • Options
    I was given an abdominal binder after my csection and it was a serious lifesaver. Of course if I made it too tight it was definitely uncomfortable, but there was a perfect amount of pressure that felt really good. It allowed me to move around better without constantly pulling on the incision or needing to prep myself to sit/stand/or just move.

So I say yes, yes, yes to them for a csection!!

• Options
    A friend of mine told me to wrap an ace bandage around my mid section post-baby. She swears it helped her get back in her jeans quicker.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"