June 2013 Moms

GTKY: Veterans Day

Share the Veterans in your life!

My hubby is a SFC in the army. He has been on 3 deployments. 2 to Iraq and 1 to Afghanistan... He missed the last 4 months of my pregnancy and made it back 2 days before i gave birth. He was home for a week and then gone again for another month. He sacrafices so much. I'm so grateful for him!!

My grandfather and my uncle are also both army vets.

TTC since 03/2011
BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTKY: Veterans Day

• Mad props to you! I can't imagine how hard that must be. 

My brother is in the army and is currently in Kuwait for 9 months.  He has been deployed to Iraq 3 times and was deployed to Haiti after the earthquake.  I'm so proud of the person he has become because of his time in the military.  My niece is 4 and is such a trooper; I know she misses him like crazy!

My grandpa is a marine veteran

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• My grandfather who is now 92 served in the coast guard during WWII. His two brothers also served then, his oldest brother won the distinguished service cross. He didn't claim it until I was 12, so we all got to see him awarded it! It was awesome.
  • Loading the player...
  • My BIL is in Japan with the Marines.  My grandfather was in the Army.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dad was a Marine to be a rebel from all the Navy men in his family (3 uncles & my grandpa).
    My maternal grandparents met in the Navy. They would always tell the story that she helped build the ship he was on (not sure of the likelihood of that)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • My grandfather (poppy) is a navy vet. He walked me down the isle when I got married. Love him!!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My step-uncle (Vietnam) and step-cousin (currently) both served. Hub's cousin and his wife both serve, the family (3 kids) is stationed overseas right now (finishing a three year term).

So eternally thankful for the sacrifices our forces make everyday for us!
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • My grandpa was in the Army, my uncle served in the Army in Vietnam, my aunt was in the Army, my mom is retired Air Force, and both of my sisters are Marines. I am thankful to everyone who has, is, or will serve in our Armed Forces.
  • My hubby is an AT2 in the Navy. Works on helicopters and makes me proud daily! He has been in for 3 years now and has done 2 deployments to Bahrain. The last one he left when I was 29 weeks pregnant and returned home a few days before our son turned 3 months old. Wouldn't trade my life as a military wife for anything though.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • costa2011costa2011 member
    edited November 2013
    My parents are veterans. They met in the Army and after 2 weeks were married, no lie. They've been married 28 years.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• MrsAubyMrsAuby member
    edited November 2013
    My dad was drafted into the army back when people actually got drafted. My BIL was a marine. My maternal grandpa was in the army.

ETA my sister has a bumper sticker that she keeps on her fridge that says "be safe, sleep with a marine".
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• My grandpa was a WWII vet. He was an mp and helped liberate buchenwald concentration camp.
  • I served 4 years in the Army 1995-1999, one year in S. Korea. My brother served 8 in the Navy. Thankfully neither of us served during any war times. God bless those who have served and continue to serve.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"