June 2013 Moms
Options

Crib Direction

So we've been trying to transition our LO into the crib for naps and depending on which side he nurses on, that's the direction that I put his head down in the crib. I can't tell if he prefers (sleeps better) one direction over the other but it has me thinking that it should be more consistent.  I'm only 5'2" so it's nearly impossible for me to switch his 18lbs body around without waking him up.

So does you LO face the same direction in the crib every time or does it change?

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Crib Direction

• Options
    For us it changes every time. Helps me keep track of which side I gave him last
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    I change it every time

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same way each night...I've gotten good at the hand switch, but she has to be sleeping deeper than normal. I've woke her up countless times doing it,so sometimes I get positioned in the rocker so the motion buffers that I've switched her position.

I can reach but she's next to our bed and I like to see her easily.

I suppose this is a good argument to put them down drowsy but awake. But I love the cuddle time and it works for us.
  • Options
    I'm OCD as well with the direction of his head which is why I asked. My husband always says that I do things backwards because I'm left handed. I just wanted validation so I can rub it in his face. Thanks ;)

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I put her a different way each night to try to avoid flat spots.

image image

• Options
    Different every night depending on which side I nursed or if DH put her down. She sleeps on her face so no flat head ;)
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same way very night. He moves all over anyways and ends up on his stomach halfway through the night. we put ds1 the same way every night too,
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WasNotWas said:

This exactly.

• Options
    WasNotWas said:

+1
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I put her down whichever way is easier depending on how I am holding her.
  • Options
    We put him in the same direction each time. DH is left handed and I'm right handed so we would actually prefer opposite ways, but I'm now used to putting him in DH's way, as we did it that way with DD, too. My parents babysat the other night, and put him in the other way, and it looked so weird (even though it was the "right handed way", which would be how I'd do it, technically).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a crib wedge in so always same direction
  • Options
    Changes every time. It depends on what side I am nursing him on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"