Potty Training

Best Books & Websites

Which books/websites worked best (other than this one!) for getting started on potty training?

My daughter is 20 months, and we talk about the potty and what it's for.  She's getting better at telling me when she's going, not necessarily when she needs to go, although I do ask her.  Recently, she's learned that if she poops after we've done her bedtime routine, she has to be changed, therefore she gets to stay up longer.  She's actually trying to force herself to go then.  I'm thinking that if she can control it like that, she probably is ready or getting ready to seriously start potty training.  Where do I start!?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas

imageimage

Re: Best Books & Websites

• I agree that if she's controlling her poop, she's ready for PTing! I read "oh crap! potty training" which is a pdf-only book (I read it on my Kindle) and also gives you access to a website that has a forum for advice. Honestly, the forum is not that active, so if you've got an urgent problem it's not very helpful, but I found the book funny and good. We didn't follow it to the letter, but it's basically the 3-day method (they go naked the first few days until they figure it out).

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• kelly321 said:
    I agree that if she's controlling her poop, she's ready for PTing! I read "oh crap! potty training" which is a pdf-only book (I read it on my Kindle) and also gives you access to a website that has a forum for advice. Honestly, the forum is not that active, so if you've got an urgent problem it's not very helpful, but I found the book funny and good. We didn't follow it to the letter, but it's basically the 3-day method (they go naked the first few days until they figure it out).

Thank you so much for the suggestion!  The author's tone reminds me of my best friend, so I'm finding it a light-hearted and encouraging approach!

December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We did potty training in a day. The book is called Toiloet Training in Less Than a Day by Nathan H. Azrin but we are still working on number 2. (Poop)
  • I was looking for something called potty training boot camp.  I am not sure if this is the name of the book or not, but a friend did this with twins.  4 days no diapers and they were done.  She needed them to be trained before baby number 3 was born this past month.  I would love to try it, but I am preggers and I am not sure I can handle the smell or issues!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I agree with oh crap! Great, three of my friends have also used it and loved it and my mum thought it was good too :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"