LGBT Parenting

GTKY 11/8/13 Edition

edited November 2013 in LGBT Parenting

Let's get to know each other a little bit more!

1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday cookie? Bonus: Include the recipe.

2. What are you wearing today?

3. Do you dream a lot? Tell us about an interesting dream you've had (lately, or ever).

4. What's for dinner?

5. What radio stations do you listen to? Tell us about it.

6. If you could have a present magically appear on your doorstep today, what present would you want? (other than a baby for us TTC :) )

7. How many pets have you had in your lifetime? Specify per species.

8. If you could give one piece of life advice to the world, what would it be?

9. Tell us your favorite trait about yourself.

10. What'cha doing this weekend?

Bonus: PIP of any kind! 

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY 11/8/13 Edition

• 1. Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles (I guess the Mexican part is due to the cayenne - these cookies have a little bit of a kick and are sooo good!).  Recipe is from Post Punk Kitchen - https://www.theppk.com/2009/09/mexican-hot-chocolate-snickerdoodles/

2. Since I'm off work today, I'm in some Old Navy Sweats, an Alabama t-shirt (one of the two t-shirts that I can still fit into), and an Alabama hoodie.  It's getting chilly in ATX finally!  I guess I'll put on "real" clothes when I go to the doctor's office later.  Maybe.

3. Sometimes.  Unless I talk about my dreams immediately, I tend to forget them.  I think I dreamed last night, but I can't remember what it was about.  Our doula came over on Wednesday night, so I remember that I had birth-related dreams that night, but I can't remember specifics.

4. Have no idea.  Maybe we'll make tacos or nachos.  The very sweet lady who cleans our home came today and brought us frijoles. :)

5. I go between two stations - the first is an alternative station.  I like their morning show.  They are edgy and irreverent.  I also listen to the country station.  I was never much of a country person, but my favorite Austin morning show (that used to be on the pop station) moved to Nashville to do a national country radio morning show.  So, I listen to them and have gotten into country music.

6. I would take a new mattress and bedroom furniture.  Z is dying for a new mattress, but other things keep com in coming up!

7. Oh my.  We had several cats when i was a kid.  The first was Trumpet.  Trumpet had a litter of kittens that we kinda kept (they were all outdoors, so some didn't make it as long as others and one was adopted by our neighbor).  Those kittens were Timothy, Tiger, Snowball, Belle, and Princess.  Then, after my parents were divorced, we had a black cat named Midnight for a while, but we rehomed her at some point - I think because of my stepdad.  Then, as an adult, I've had the two cats and Bama.

8. Work hard and live life with integrity.

9. I think I'm a pretty empathetic person.

10. I hope not much.  There are several things that I need to do today, most of which I can do from home.  I have a doctor's appt this afternoon, and I think Z wants to go out for lunch afterwards.  We were invited to a party tomorrow night, but I really don't want to go.  It takes about 30 minutes to get to this friend's house and I'm miserable in the car these days.  I really want to stay home and watch the Bama-LSU game (I thought it was last weekend, but it wasn't!), so I think that's what we'll do tomorrow.  I have Monday off for Veteran's Day and have appointments to take both cats in for vaccinations. That's about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll bite, since many of you don't know me and I actually have time today!

I was never a sweets person.  Sure, things tased good and I knew that, but I'd more often walk by a cookie than eat it.  UNTIL I HAD A BABY.  No cravings or food like/dislike changes during pregnancy, but AFTER the birth I suddenly developed an enormous sweet tooth.  Go figure!  So I'll have to find a favorite this year.

Jeans (yay), tight black tank top, super-soft purple wrap cardigan, and a scarf!  The scarf is a big deal for me, I never wear and them and I feel uncomfortable.  But I'm committed!

3. Do you dream a lot? Tell us about an interesting dream you've had (lately, or ever).

I don't dream often.  When I do, it's typicall rated R.  But nothing to report as of late.

4. What's for dinner?

We have some fancy sausages that we bought last weekend before the sick invaded our house and we went to a soup-only diet.  We need to cook those up.

Mostly NPR/MPR (Minnesota Public) news, sometimes the classical station.  I'm a nerd.

6. If you could have a present magically appear on your doorstep today, what present would you want? (other than a baby for us TTC :) )

Aside from babies for all of you TTC (obviously), I'd really REALLY love a 6-month supply, age-appropriate, of frozen breast milk so that I could cut down on my pumping sessions every day.

No pets growing up.  2 cats in my mid-20's, that went with an ex-girlfriend.  2 dogs, both now gone, that came with the wife. 1 cat, Nigel, who is 3 years old.  1 dog, Duncan, who is almost 2 years old.

Something I learned as a result of my first marriage ... when you find yourself in a dispute, think about the end goal and help that be a guide for your actions.  Sometimes we have been conditioned to respond in a particular way, but if doing so doesn't match what you really want in the end, you will lose out.  Less cryptic version ... sometimes swallowing your pride is the only way to actually get what you want in the end.

I have a pretty easy time relating to, and talking with, just about anyone.  People tell me they trust me and are quick to share things with me.  I really like that, and I prioritize getting to know people.

Going to the University football game, then ... nothing planned (that's a big deal for us).

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• 1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday cookie? Bonus: Include the recipe.

shameless370087!  I am also from Ohio and live in Columbus currently.

My standard yoga pants, tank top and long sleeve v-neck tshirt.  I am relaxed at home most days since I take care of an infant in my own home.  If I go out then I change into jeans, but I live in my yoga pants.

I dream ALOT!  I have a lot of anxiety dreams.  I even have dreams about sleeping and being tired, that is when I know that I am super tired!  I usually forget them, but I remember I had a dream the other day that I was a part of the Kardashian family.  I do admit a guilty pleasure of mine used to be watching their show, but we don't have tv anymore.

4. What's for dinner?

Probably pizza.  The local bar my sister works at has free pizza on Friday nights and its pretty good.  So we usually go up there for pizza and then we might do a movie or bowling.

I listen to pandora and slacker radio a lot.  I am not in my car much so I listen to them on my phone or laptop.  I LOVE country music and I also listen to 90s pop.  When the baby sleeps I will put on a relaxation station.

6. If you could have a present magically appear on your doorstep today, what present would you want? (other than a baby for us TTC  )

I would like a bag of $100 bills that equals about $30,000.  That way we could get two nice cars instead of having to repair ours all the time, and pay off some debt.  I am not too greedy :-)

I have had 5 dogs and 1 cat.  The cat was Lenny, he was so used to be around dogs he thought he was a dog and went to the bathroom outside.  He ended up going to live at a nursing home and loved the attention from the residents.  I had a dog that was a yellow lab growing up, his name was Alex and he died when he was 12.  As an adult I got a dog Jake he was a boxer/german shepherd mix and turned out to be HUGE.  I found a new home for him with a family with a very large house and large yard.  He is spoiled rotten to this day. Then I got Brutus and Woody with my ex.  When we split I got Woody and he got Brutus.  Woody is a lab/beagle/boxer mix we think.  He looks just like a chocolate lab and is now 5 years old.  Then my wife and I got Bo together.  He is a weiner/beagle mix and will be 4 years old in January.

be kind and love one another

I am very loyal and sensitive.  I sometimes wish I didn't care about people so much because I wouldn't get hurt so much, but then again I wouldn't want to be a person that goes thru life without having true emotions.

As I said in another question we are probably going for pizza and a movie tonight.  We usually spend the day on Saturday watching college football and cleaning the house.  Saturday night I am babysitting an adorable little boy that is almost 8 months old.  Sunday we have no plans.  I am hoping to meet up with a friend in the evening to catch up.

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Let's get to know each other a little bit more!

C loves my peanut butter kiss cookies.  I love plain sugar cookies - decorated, of course!

Jeans and a black top.  Plain and simple today!

I dream a lot, and my dreams are super vivid.  I told the gross incestuous sexual one about my gay husband before so I'll spare you that.  One favorite dream story: I dreamed there was a dead body laying next to me in bed.  And I'm talking like flesh rotting off, eyes missing, bones poking through corpse.  I started shoving at the body to get it away from me.  I woke up to my partner shouting "Ah!  I'm falling off!"  Another: I dreamed that Saruman from LOTR was chasing me and when he caught me he started tickling my side.  When I laughed he said "You think that's funny?" and dug his finger through my skin into my stomach.  I woke up clutching my side with my heart pounding.  Last one: When I was a kid, I dreamed there were three scorpions in my sheets.  I hopped out of bed, turned the lights on, ripped all my sheets off and shook them frantically.  Happily, nothing fell out.

I've got a crazy brain.  My imagination is very intense.

4. What's for dinner?

Um... Something with chicken, probably!  Might surprise DP with a nice dinner :)

I love Z100 on Sirius XM.  I listen to the Elvis Duran Morning Show.  Makes me laugh every day.

New pots and pans!  The ones I have now are getting old and icky.  May buy myself a set during Black Friday if there are any deals.

2 dogs: a cocker spaniel named Penny and a mini dachshund named Bailey.  6 cats: a tuxedo named Skeeter, calico named Sophie, striped tom named Wilson, a beautiful himalayan cat named Blue (he was one of my favorites - but he died young getting hit by a car.  He was deaf and had bad vision), an orange stripe named Murphey, and my current cat, a fat, funny, playful, glutonous tortoise named Shiloh!  I am much more of a cat person than a dog person, probably because of how many I've had.

Stop focusing so much on your disappointments and start focusing on the beauty and joy in your life.  Count your blessings and quit dwelling on things that upset you - particularly those you absolutely cannot change.

My easy-going personality.  It's very, very hard to make me angry and I rarely stay angry for long.  When things don't go my way, I let it go and either develop a new strategy or learn to find the silver lining.

Meh... not a whole lot.  Going to a friend's place tomorrow night to hang out.  Otherwise, just our usual chores and leisure activities.  C will probably write our newsletter, I'll either cross-stitch or play video games.  So exciting ;)

• @JGY, do you live in Minnesota?!  I'm right across the Wisconsin border by about an hour :)
    I don't think I could choose!  I loved Holiday baked goods.  Molasses Crinkles are pretty amazing though.

Jeans and a tan cardigan.

I have a lot of crazy dreams that I can remember in vivid detail but only for a couple minutes after I wake up.  So I always have to be sure to tell B my dreams right away if I ever want to hear about them again.

4. What's for dinner?
    Sloppy joes?  I'm not really sure.

I listen to Pandora mostly.  Lately at work it's been comedy on Pandora, which means I'm the crazy one laughing to myself all alone in my office.

6. If you could have a present magically appear on your doorstep today, what present would you want? (other than a baby for us TTC )
    I would really love a weekend away with B.  Just somewhere relaxing.

3 Dogs, 4 Cats, 2 Horses, 21 Fish (all at one time.  For some reason I wanted to have all the disney characters as fish and I came up with 21 characters.), and 2 Guinea Pigs.

I've always had tons of pets, but currently we don't have any.  B and I really want to get a dog together soon though.

Enjoy the small things.

I feel like I'm a really good listener.  I really like to help people and it seems that everyone has something they want to talk about.

Celebrating B's 27th birthday!  Tomorrow we are hosting a game night/birthday party at our house so we will be getting the house ready tonight and tomorrow morning.

My mama makes the most delicious chocolate chip cookies. I could eat a bazillion of them.

Day off (and actually had places to go, so real clothes) jeans & a TMNT t-shirt

I remember bits and pieces of my dreams. They usually involve someone who has passed away (my dad, grandpa, or a friend that I lost when I was 14) or my old job (which is actually a nightmare LOL)

4. What's for dinner?

mmm..orange chicken? 

I listen to Spotify pretty much all day since I work from home.

6. If you could have a present magically appear on your doorstep today, what present would you want? (other than a baby for us TTC  )

Give me all new make up to play with please! 

I had a few hamster/gerbils growing up. As an adult we have 4 dogs, we have had 3 cats (only two are still living), 2 guinea pigs (they have new homes), a handful of fish, and a Russian Tortoise. 

I like love and be kind

Sense of humor?

Hanging out with K! We don't have any plans, but I'm excited to spend the weekend with her.

M: 25  DW: 26
    Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1
    Lesbian mamas to our fur babies
    11/13 - Waiting for test results to get the party started!

• @keepsawaythenargles - I dream of work sometimes, too!  Once I had an entire dream where I was sitting at my desk and working.  I woke up exhausted - and then I had to go to work.  That sucked really bad.
  • edited November 2013

I know it might be weird but I love pizzelles. They are an Italian waffle cookie and they aren't too sweet. They remind me of my grandfather.

An old camp hoodie and jeans. We took my neice to the zoo today!

I always have the weirdest dreams, last night I dreamt there was some big alumni event at my old college and for some reasons my friends and I were running it and nothing was ready and we were running around like crazy trying to get everything done.

4. What's for dinner?

Cracker coated chicken tenders. Yum!

I usually listen to NPR or pandora!

6. If you could have a present magically appear on your doorstep today, what present would you want? (other than a baby for us TTC )

I think I would want a house cleaner to be standing there ready to clean and organize my house!

Growing up we had 4 cats and 1 dog. Now we have 2 dogs.

Be nice.

I am a loyal person and I like that!

I'm helping C with a program tonight and then tomorrow ill work on the housework (since I imagine that housekeeper isn't going to show up) and A LOT of homework. Then Sunday we'll go to church and then more of the same...C has to work all weekend :-(

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• @KLeigh1 -- one of my college friends had a bright pink Thing -- it was awesome!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• OK, I'm going to try this but I am totally wiped out tonight and overwhelmed by all the Bump activity.  It's a good thing, I just haven't been able to keep up with it properly. :)

Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread cookies.  I also love these Chewy Chocolate Raisin Cookies -- they raisins are soaked in brandy before they go in the dough.  Yum.  Yeah, Martha's my jam.

Just got home from work so I promptly changed into red sweatpants and an old work t-shirt of my wife's.

I'm one of those I-usually-only-remember-them-right-after-I-wake-up people.  I did recently have a dream in which my backyard was filled with alligators, and my neighbor, who was visiting our house, insisted on going through the yard to get home.

4. What's for dinner?

Brussels sprout pasta (a fave around here) and salad.

My favorite local station is an independent one called The River. They play a mix of current rock (Mumford), folky stuff (Brandi Carlile) and less-obscure alternative, plus some classic rock (not my fave) and random stuff.  They are the only station I know of around here (short of possibly college radio stations, which I don't have the patience for) that will occasionally play indie stuff I haven't heard since high school -- in the last month I've been surprised by "Cannonball" by the Breeders, "If I Can't Change Your Mind" by Sugar, "Gepetto" by Belly, and a lot of Pixies.

At home we listen to Pandora -- mostly the Brandi Carlile and Florence & the Machine stations.

A snowblower for my wife.

1 guinea pig, 2-3 hamsters, 2 goldfish, 2 dogs, and 2 cats.

8-9 are too hard right now...I promise to come back and do them later!  Like tomorrow. :)

We are going to NJ to visit my inlaws on Sunday and staying there most of next week.  So Saturday will be sleeping in (THANK YOU), random errands, laundry, and packing.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• @ball.and.chain - what is this Brussel sprout pasta you speak of?
  • @ATXMommas - my wife slices Brussels sprouts really fine (almost like a slaw) and sautes them with lots of garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil.  Then we toss with pasta and cheese (our preference: pecorino romano).  We don't eat a ton of pasta around here, but when we do, it's usually this, especially in the fall or winter.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• @ATXMommas - my wife slices Brussels sprouts really fine (almost like a slaw) and sautes them with lots of garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil.  Then we toss with pasta and cheese (our preference: pecorino romano).  We don't eat a ton of pasta around here, but when we do, it's usually this, especially in the fall or winter.

That sounds amazing. Must try soon!

I don't know. My family has never really done holiday cookies, except for my grandfather who used to make a lot of cookies every year. My favorite of his were these shortbread-type cookies with little pieces of nuts in them that were dipped in powdered sugar. Some would be ball shaped and others were be long and round, kinda like a finger.

Was wearing jeans, gray t-shirt, and green plaid button up. Now sweats and a long sleeved t-shirt.

Yes, a lot. Often I remember multiple dreams a night. I tend to have adventure dreams or stress dreams. Recently I had one where someone was coming over for dinner and M was working late so it was my job to go grocery shopping and make dinner. Things kept coming up that delayed me and then I couldn't get home when I needed to. I tried to call M to tell her I was late but my phone wouldn't work. (I actually have a repeating them in dreams where I need to call 911 but can't do it).

4. What's for dinner?

We had chicken from Swiss Chalet.

CBC (Canadian public radio).

A king sized bed with king-sized sheets and duvets, etc.

Growing up, we had a total of 2 cats (one at a time) and a total of 5 dogs (no more than two at a time). 

I had a cat with my roommates, but the agreement was always that one of them would keep it when any of us moved on.

M and I have a dog and a cat. We had another cat, too, but he was hit by a car.

I really agree with @JGY's advice. And it might be what I would choose because I think it's actually something that you could convince some folks to try following. My other option would be to engage in the various processes and learning necessary to be self-reflexive. But I think that's much more difficult advice to get people to follow.

I'm thoughtful.

We babysat for our 3yr old and 7month old friends tonight and are now exhausted.

Tomorrow we head to Manada's cousin's wedding 3.5 hours away. I "get" to meet M's dad at the wedding. He's not in her life (but she's close with his family) so I haven't met him yet. We will spend the night in that town and then drive back early Sunday so I can make it back in time for acupuncture.

Then Sunday evening we will have dinner with @2MamazinSeattle who will be in town. I'm so excited to meet her!

Bonus: PIP of any kind!

These are the kids we babysat for. We're their aunties (chosen relationship). This was about 3 months ago.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I make my Grandma's cut out cookies.  I love them!  I also make homemade cream cheese frosting for them.  I would get the recipe, but I'm too lazy to get out of the chair!

To work I wore jeans (yay casual Friday!) with a light brown sweater and my favorite green vest!  Right now I'm in gray lounge pants and a t-shirt.  Yay for comfy clothes!

I do dream a lot, but don't always remember them.  When I was in elementary school, I would dream all of the time that coyotes came out of the woods behind our house and took my Mom.  In the last dream like that I had, they took me into the woods and let me be with my Mom.  I haven't had a dream like that in ages!

4. What's for dinner?

Our local fire hall has fish fry dinners every Friday.  My SIL and I stopped down.  I had shrimp.  There was also a cookies & cream cake - it was delicious!

We have Sirius Radio in our vehicles, so that is the only radio I listen to.  I love Octane, which is Rock.  I also listen to OutQ, the gay station.  I was so psyched when I stumbled on it one day!  I also listen to a few stations that play current hits and The Highway which plays current country music. 

A baby was my first choice until I continued reading.  Hmmmm...I would have to say my dream truck - a full size, black Chevy Silverado with brush guards across the whole front and then on the tail lights.  I have wanted one of these since I was about 9 years old. 

I had two dogs total while growing up, and now C and I have three.

I have had a total of 6 cats.  5 while growing up, at separate times and then 1 now.

No one can make you feeling anything.  You are in complete control of your emotions.  Each emotion you feel at any given time is ultimately a choice you make. 

I generally try to be nice to everyone, no matter what.  There are a few folks who make the short list of who this doesn't apply to though. 

My MIL recently turned 50.  We are having a surprise birthday for her tomorrow.  Other than that, probably laundry and relaxing.

Bonus: PIP of any kind! I wanted to post this yesterday, but I can't figure out how to get it to not be upside down.  I still can't figure it out.  This is us at the UB (University at Buffalo) Bulls game on Tuesday.  We got free tickets to the game and went with a few of her regulars from the bar.  It was a college football game and was on ESPN I believe. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• I agree! This sounds delicious!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• So I am super late to the party here, but we were away for the weekend and I am just catching up. I still want to play, though, so here goes!

1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday cookie?

I LOVE holiday cookies. It is hard to pick just one favorite. Classic sugar cookies are always a winner. I also love snickerdoodles, and gingerbread men/women :)

Well, on Friday when I was supposed to complete this I was wearing jeans, a black tshirt and a grey sweater. Then I changed into a wrap dress (floral pattern with aqua, green and purple) for the rehearsal dinner we went to on Friday night.

3. Do you dream a lot? Tell us about an interesting dream you've had (lately, or ever)

I have been dreaming more lately, I think... sort of like these conscious dreams that I have right before I wake up. Sometimes I can remember some of the dream, but details are fuzzy. Other times I know I had a dream, but I cannot remember what it was about at all. I recently had a dream that our baby was about a year old. He was a boy and had thick curly brown hair and long eyelashes. He was smiling and giggling. I can't remember anything else in the dream other than what he looked like and that we were all very happy. All I can remember is just that brief snapshot.

4. What's for dinner?

On Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner for the wedding we were at this weekend. The food was just OK, and it took them forever to start bringing it out (we were at the restaurant for about an hour before salads were even served). The salad was average. For my entree I had this chicken penne dish... it kind of reminded me of a lean cuisine meal on a nice dish HAHA... BUT, then there was cheesecake, and that was super awesome. The cheesecake was the redeeming part of the whole meal!

I tend to radio station hop b/c I have no patience for commercials for songs that I don't like. I don't have satelite/XM radio -- so I just listen to old fashioned regular old FM radio in the car. My commute is only about 15-20 mins long, so I don't listen too much. I hop between 6 stations that I have on my pre-sets, and they range from Top 40 kind of stuff, to country, to easy listening, to alternative. I have really whacky music taste, and I like a lot of different things that you would not imagine would go together, but there is also a lot that I don't like. I can't really name a specific genre that I like as a whole, there are just specific artists/band and songs that I like.

I agree with @firstcomeslove - definitely a house cleaner! I have been saying to my wife for the last couple of years that I would love to splurge on a house cleaner every 2 weeks or so, but she is not yet on board with the idea. She thinks it is not a good use of money at this point in our lives since we are perfectly capable of cleaning ourselves. She is probably right, but I still would love to have the house cleaned professionally, even if just once a season/quarter.

I had two dogs growing up, as well as a bunny (for a short time), and assorted fish over the years. Now we have one dog (the best dog ever - not that we are biased!).

Be kind, be patient, work hard, and don't expect to get more from the world than you are willing to put into it.

I am loyal to a fault.

We were at the wedding of our close friends this weekend. My wife was a bridesmaid. The wedding was lovely, and the bride and groom seem to have had a wonderful day. The wedding was about 2 hours away from our house, so we left our dog with my in-laws on Friday morning, and drove up early to help the bride set up at the reception venue on Friday afternoon. Then Friday evening was the rehearsal, and Saturday morning, I went and helped the bride's mother and other family friend get the ceremony space ready. Then the wedding started at 3:30. I was glad that I was able to help so much, but by the time the ceremony started I was totally exhausted. We drove back to my in-laws' house on Saturday night after the wedding, so it was a late night and a lonnnnnnnng couple of days. Sunday, we left my in-laws' house by about 10am to head back home. We did laundry and I went to the grocery store. I was (and still am) feeling really burnt out. It was a good weekend, but I feel like I should have taken today off from work to recover. Alas, I did not. Oh well. HAHA

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"