May 2014 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• jaclynnn said:

tna112 said:

Weak I know but I have zero motivation to do anything today and I'm probably going to just do the bare minimum since my supervisor is gone today and it's just me and another girl. Also my DS has been driving me nuts in the mornings lately. All of a sudden everything is a fight and he has to whine about everything, particularly that Bubble Guppies isn't on. Seriously? And then of an evening when I'm super exhausted he only wants me to do everything for him. Such a mommy's boy but at least he has been giving me random kisses again lately. He had quit for a while and it made me sad :(

I wake up every morning excited to see my dd, but dread the sound of nick jr lol. Her new phrase happens to be bubble guppie, it's all we ever hear!
    I know right! They can be annoying at times but he loves them and does really well answering their questions and puzzles so I allow an episode every now and then. But seriously I had their song "Pencil Case" stuck in my head the other day. It's literally a remake about school supplies to Lady Gaga's Poker face. I wish I knew how to post the video for those who aren't "blessed" to have seen it with your kid(s) already. Go ahead and YouTube it, I dare you!

• Loading the player...
  • Again work for my family as a preface. My mom just called to ask me a question and ended up yelling at me because of something my brother isn't taking care of that has barely anything to do with me and basically said I need to decide whether I want to work for them or not and that I should maybe just not show up on Monday.

My FFFC: I'm tempted to just take her up on that. At least I would get rid of a LOT of stress in my life and my husband and I would be eligible for medicaid at that point. But I know that I can't because on top of the baby coming we have all sorts of doctor bills from my car accident back in June, and my husband was sick a few months ago and needed all sorts of blood work. But I just hate being yelled at for something that isn't my fault.
  • Snip

There is such a thing as a bad kid.
    Sorry, no.  Unless we are talking abot kids that start fires at age 3 or 4 and end up as serial killers, no.  And those would be so few and far between and probably part of a huge nature vs. nurture debate.
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• tna112 said:

jaclynnn said:

tna112 said:

Weak I know but I have zero motivation to do anything today and I'm probably going to just do the bare minimum since my supervisor is gone today and it's just me and another girl. Also my DS has been driving me nuts in the mornings lately. All of a sudden everything is a fight and he has to whine about everything, particularly that Bubble Guppies isn't on. Seriously? And then of an evening when I'm super exhausted he only wants me to do everything for him. Such a mommy's boy but at least he has been giving me random kisses again lately. He had quit for a while and it made me sad :(

I wake up every morning excited to see my dd, but dread the sound of nick jr lol. Her new phrase happens to be bubble guppie, it's all we ever hear!
    I know right! They can be annoying at times but he loves them and does really well answering their questions and puzzles so I allow an episode every now and then. But seriously I had their song "Pencil Case" stuck in my head the other day. It's literally a remake about school supplies to Lady Gaga's Poker face. I wish I knew how to post the video for those who aren't "blessed" to have seen it with your kid(s) already. Go ahead and YouTube it, I dare you!

I've never even seen the show but now all I can hear in my head is "pa-pa-pa pencil case pa-pa pencil caseeee"

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Again work for my family as a preface. My mom just called to ask me a question and ended up yelling at me because of something my brother isn't taking care of that has barely anything to do with me and basically said I need to decide whether I want to work for them or not and that I should maybe just not show up on Monday.

My FFFC: I'm tempted to just take her up on that. At least I would get rid of a LOT of stress in my life and my husband and I would be eligible for medicaid at that point. But I know that I can't because on top of the baby coming we have all sorts of doctor bills from my car accident back in June, and my husband was sick a few months ago and needed all sorts of blood work. But I just hate being yelled at for something that isn't my fault.
    Please don't quit your job to "be eligible" for Medicaid.. I can understand not being happy at work, I'm to the point where I HATE going to work but it's a good paying job that I'm very lucky to have..Medicaid is a last resort.
    imageimage

Beautiful Baby Jackson born 8/25/2010
    Met the LOML 11/05/2011
    Expecting the LO 5/15/2014
    Getting Married 10/19/2014

• Snip

Sorry, no.  Unless we are talking abot kids that start fires at age 3 or 4 and end up as serial killers, no.  And those would be so few and far between and probably part of a huge nature vs. nurture debate.

Unfortunately, I cannot debate now, as I am in class, but I stand behind my statement. FTR, I'm not referring to toddlers. I consider anyone under 18 yo a "kid".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Snip

One lives next door to me unfortunately. :( Agreed about the whole nurture vs nature but...He throws rocks at my dog. Has been caught lurking around my house and neighbors' houses and beat up his grandma. He's only 11 and he has an older sister who is a sweet girl. Cops have been involved. So, although I agree that it's few and far between, I'd venture to say this one won't turn out well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jschwind22jschwind22 member
    edited November 2013

Snip

Unfortunately, I cannot debate now, as I am in class, but I stand behind my statement. FTR, I'm not referring to toddlers. I consider anyone under 18 yo a "kid".

Eta: I'm on mobile and I'm not sure what's going on with the quotes, but this is jschwind22:
    My stance would be that those kids are not innately bad. Have their experiences and circumstances led them in a different direction, sure. But I still wouldn't call them bad. I work in the foster care system with kids who have been through so much you couldn't even imagine. Some are more resilliant than others but many have very very difficult behavior. Every single one of them have good qualities, even if they are hard to uncover. In 13 years, I have never ever seen a bad kid.

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• I have never once looked at a photo from a maternity photo shoot and thought anything but "Damn, that's cheesy!" I know lots of people love them and more power to ya but there will be no chiffon clad belly shots, hands in the shape of hearts, staring off into nothing while cupping my belly, partial nudity in public etc. in my future.
    Right? My sister does some photography work on the side, and one of her friends asked her to do some maternity pictures for her. The girl wound up wanting super sexy pics in her husband's fireman uniform. Like, suspenders strategically placed over the nipples, 8-month pregnant belly pictures. It was something. 

Baby boy arriving late Spring '14

• Snip

My stance would be that those kids are not innately bad. Have their experiences and circumstances led them in a different direction, sure. But I still wouldn't call them bad. I work in the foster care system with kids who have been through so much you couldn't even imagine. Some are more resilliant than others but many have very very difficult behavior. Every single one of them have good qualities, even if they are hard to uncover. In 13 years, I have never ever seen a bad kid.
    Agreed, overall. As a teacher I've had some doozies but am always able to see good qualities. I guess it's harder to be sympathetic when the situation directly involves me and what I occasionally perceive to be the safety of my children and for sure my pets. I guess he might not be "bad", but I certainly will be happy when he moves. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ykristos said:

I have never once looked at a photo from a maternity photo shoot and thought anything but "Damn, that's cheesy!" I know lots of people love them and more power to ya but there will be no chiffon clad belly shots, hands in the shape of hearts, staring off into nothing while cupping my belly, partial nudity in public etc. in my future.

Right? My sister does some photography work on the side, and one of her friends asked her to do some maternity pictures for her. The girl wound up wanting super sexy pics in her husband's fireman uniform. Like, suspenders strategically placed over the nipples, 8-month pregnant belly pictures. It was something. 

Hmmm... My husband is a banker by day and a farmer in his spare time... Maybe a couple strategically placed neck ties worn whilst standing in a field of wheat?? Good lord, the mind, it boggles.

• I feel good when I remind my mil that our baby will probably be living in a different state when it's born andi. See her get a little mad. She is an alcoholic and has already made hints that she will try to take over raising my kid. To top it off she has tried to tell me how I should raise it.

It's a BOY

• Snip

Eta: I'm on mobile and I'm not sure what's going on with the quotes, but this is jschwind22:

Maybe I'm a bit jaded after working for a criminal law firm. I've seen my fair share of kids I would consider "bad", unlike you (in your field) I don't get invested in their experiences much, so they may be victims of their environment, I'm not sure.

I'll agree to disagree. I can see your point.

imageimageimage

• I think it's weird that people are getting offended by their OB and what they
    are telling them about their weight.

I understand people gain weight differently through their pregnancy but if you get offended do something about. Track your intake and show it to your OB.

I will happily take anything my OB says about my weight. Good or bad. It's my choice on how I react and what I do about it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• meli1025 said:

sammy.k said:

I want to strangle my kid today. The end.
    Mine is along these lines too.  He's being REALLY bad and I'm so tired and irritated.  Last night I let him cry in his room while I closed my door and completely tuned him out, listened to lo's HB and then took a nice quiet shower.  DH was with him, but I still felt guilty because all he wanted was mommy.  And he only wants me so he can torture me.
    I cringe when I hear people call their kids bad.  Something about calling kids that word I just can't handle.

I'll let my kid come over and bite you and laugh. It's real fun. It's also fun when he does something he's not supposed to and laughs when you say no.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• My house is a mess. To avoid doing any house work and cooking I've been going to my mother's or MIL house everyday for the past week.

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • meli1025 said:
    sammy.k said:
    I want to strangle my kid today. The end.
    Mine is along these lines too.  He's being REALLY bad and I'm so tired and irritated.  Last night I let him cry in his room while I closed my door and completely tuned him out, listened to lo's HB and then took a nice quiet shower.  DH was with him, but I still felt guilty because all he wanted was mommy.  And he only wants me so he can torture me.
    I cringe when I hear people call their kids bad.  Something about calling kids that word I just can't handle.
    I'll let my kid come over and bite you and laugh. It's real fun. It's also fun when he does something he's not supposed to and laughs when you say no.

I never said those things wouldn't be incredibly difficult to deal with.  That word just gets to me based on my past experiences and I disagreed with PP who said that there are bad kids.
    My Blog

It's a BOY!

• I accidentally packed a PB&J for my daughter today.  She's at a different daycare center than her usual preschool and I totally forgot about their no-nut rule.  I know about allergies blah blah blah but my FFFC is that I don't really care.
    Professional Thread Killer
  • I accidentally packed a PB&J for my daughter today.  She's at a different daycare center than her usual preschool and I totally forgot about their no-nut rule.  I know about allergies blah blah blah but my FFFC is that I don't really care.
    Some peoples nut allergies are deadly... So that's kind of a big deal.
  • ykristos said:
    I accidentally packed a PB&J for my daughter today.  She's at a different daycare center than her usual preschool and I totally forgot about their no-nut rule.  I know about allergies blah blah blah but my FFFC is that I don't really care.
    We once did this accidentally when my SS was still in daycare. There were no kids in his room/where they ate that actually had a nut allergy, but the school had a blanket no-nut policy. We were in a rush and just not thinking one morning, and holyyyyy shit-- they actually referred to his lunch as a sandwich filled with death. I totally understand how serious nut allergies can be, but that was just a tad dramatic. 
    While I can agree that this language is a bit dramatic, nut allergies can be very serious and deadly.  I'm side eye-ing the OP on this one for being so flippant about breaking the rule.  Even if you did so accidently, I think you should call and let the daycare know just in case they have a serious nut allergy there so that they can properly protect the child.  I'd hate to be that parent who caused another child serious harm.
    My Blog

It's a BOY!

• I'm not working today and I took my daughter to daycare for the day so I can have some much needed me time. Flame away. I have four and needed a break.
  • ykristos said:
    I accidentally packed a PB&J for my daughter today.  She's at a different daycare center than her usual preschool and I totally forgot about their no-nut rule.  I know about allergies blah blah blah but my FFFC is that I don't really care.
    We once did this accidentally when my SS was still in daycare. There were no kids in his room/where they ate that actually had a nut allergy, but the school had a blanket no-nut policy. We were in a rush and just not thinking one morning, and holyyyyy shit-- they actually referred to his lunch as a sandwich filled with death. I totally understand how serious nut allergies can be, but that was just a tad dramatic. 
    While I can agree that this language is a bit dramatic, nut allergies can be very serious and deadly.  I'm side eye-ing the OP on this one for being so flippant about breaking the rule.  Even if you did so accidently, I think you should call and let the daycare know just in case they have a serious nut allergy there so that they can properly protect the child.  I'd hate to be that parent who caused another child serious harm.

Please see enlarged font for clarification. 

Baby boy arriving late Spring '14

• #1. DD probably could be potty trained by now, but we've been too busy to get it done

#2 official potty training begins this weekend and I'm more stressed about being on lock down for 3 days with a very active toddler and having to crawl into her tiny little tent houses all day and all night because she's currently obsessed with building then I am about the extra loads of laundry and pee on my floor.

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Snikle512 said:

I'm not working today and I took my daughter to daycare for the day so I can have some much needed me time. Flame away. I have four and needed a break.

I do this occasionally...sometimes to get things done. Sometimes just to have time to relax. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I'm glad my husband has been laid off for the last three days because i've come home to a clean house, with laundry and dishes done, every day. he even scrubbed the stove and cleaned out the fridge.

he hates being home all day, so i feel bad being happy about it, but he goes back to work Monday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I sent my wonderful boyfriend to the laundry mat with 7 loads of laundry today while I took a nap ( our washer is broken) now I'm trying to figure out how to get out of drying,folding and putting them away so I can play on the playstation... If he only didn't have to work tonight.. maybe I can get the 8 year old to do it ...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    photo 60020120725ELE036.jpgphoto IMG_18642013130584_zps06545ab5.jpg
  • MH just got a promotion at work in an attorney position. He is now making almost double his current salary. I am thisclose to pulling a walk out of work Half-baked style ("Fuck you, fuck you, you're cool,Fuck you....")
    This has ALWAYS been my dream method of quitting. including firing a cheesburger off someone's face. and i work in finance.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The other day I frantically called H at the grocery store to pick me up some cheese popcorn...the neon orange kind. Why? Not because fake cheese is amazing, although it is, but because my puppy's paws smelled exactly like fake cheese and made me crave it so bad. I'm gross.
  • ykristos said:

ykristos said:

Please see enlarged font for clarification. 

I think she was more judging the OP because they don't care. They made no reference to nobody having a but allergy. Just said oops I don't care. And a quick call to say "hey I totally spaced this morning" would be polite regardless of if there is a kid with a nut allergy or not. There can be a new kid on any given day that may have a nut allergy.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• MH just got a promotion at work in an attorney position. He is now making almost double his current salary. I am thisclose to pulling a walk out of work Half-baked style ("Fuck you, fuck you, you're cool,Fuck you....")
    This has ALWAYS been my dream method of quitting. including firing a cheesburger off someone's face. and i work in finance.
    I, too, share your pain. Finance is rough. CHEESEBURGER BAM
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Seriously. Do it. We all want to live vicariously through you. After this week from hell, I can just DREAM of who the "fuck you"'s and "you're cool"'s would go to. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Peer pressure totally works yo!
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BBer4 said:
    The other day I frantically called H at the grocery store to pick me up some cheese popcorn...the neon orange kind. Why? Not because fake cheese is amazing, although it is, but because my puppy's paws smelled exactly like fake cheese and made me crave it so bad. I'm gross.
    On that note, I want neon orange cheese popcorn. I'll be picking some up on my way out of town. Maybe white cheddar too! Thanks! :)
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It just took me 2 hours to complete my 20 minute commute home because someone's car broke down, so I got home and ordered Chinese food to make myself feel better. It worked.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• I don't want to tell people about my pregnancy. I am super nervous the baby is not going to make it after my emergency surgery and the general anesthesia and all the meds they pumped into me that are bad for fetuses. I feel bad for screwing up my kid before he even gets here. :( My ob did an ultrasound following surgery and we saw baby moving around, and dr said baby is "still viable". I hate that phrase and can't help thinking "still viable" not equal to "healthy baby in there." it sounds so clinical.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kramja01 said:

I don't want to tell people about my pregnancy. I am super nervous the baby is not going to make it after my emergency surgery and the general anesthesia and all the meds they pumped into me that are bad for fetuses. I feel bad for screwing up my kid before he even gets here. :( My ob did an ultrasound following surgery and we saw baby moving around, and dr said baby is "still viable". I hate that phrase and can't help thinking "still viable" not equal to "healthy baby in there." it sounds so clinical.

DH's cousin, who was pregnant at the same time as me with DD, had an emergency appendectomy at the end of the first tri. She has a perfectly healthy 7-month-old.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"