Baby Showers

RSVP is dead

How come no one RSVPs anymore? I remember having this issue with my wedding and having to make calls to people to get an accurate count for food. Makes you feel like a stalker, doesn't it? And I'm not even the one throwing my shower, but I just feel bad for my MIL because NO ONE in my family RSVP'd, and several of my friends didn't RSVP, and she's in charge of making all the food. Seriously, how hard is it to pick up the phone and say "yes" or "no." they could even text it to her! It's just frustrating. End rant.

image image image 

BFP#1- 08/18/2012. MMC; D/C- 09/26/2012
BFP #2- 04/30/2013. Due 01/06/2014. 
It's a BOY!-U/S 07/20/2013 
A/S shows healthy baby with heartbeat of 138BPM- 08/20/2013 
01/01/14- DS Born 5:54 am weight: 7lb, 14oz

Re: RSVP is dead

• I hear you.  Throwing a shower next weekend and only 2 of the people on my sister's husband's side have RSVPed and many of our family friends have not.  Come on people, there is a phone number on the invitation and we are fb friends and you are on fb every day, but you can't even drop me a fb message to let me know if you are coming or not!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Amen.

We had the same problem with our wedding. Literally over half of the guest list didn't RSVP by the due date and we had to chase everyone down to get answers.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Not only does this bother me, but so do the people that say "Yes, I'll be there" and then at the 11th hour, say "something came up, can't make it".  ugh.  
  • NerdyLucy said:

Amen.

We had the same problem with our wedding. Literally over half of the guest list didn't RSVP by the due date and we had to chase everyone down to get answers.

Wait, so you didn't have tons of time while planning your wedding to make tons of phone calls and e-mails to chase down people because they didn't take the 3 minutes to check yes or no and toss and envelope into the mailbox? Sheesh. Slacker.

• NerdyLucy said:

Amen.

Wait, so you didn't have tons of time while planning your wedding to make tons of phone calls and e-mails to chase down people because they didn't take the 3 minutes to check yes or no and toss and envelope into the mailbox? Sheesh. Slacker.
    I know!  I need to light a fire under my lazy ass.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"