Dads & Dads-to-be

A hodge podge of things

This week has sucked.

LO has bad acid reflux so he sleeps in 45 minute blocks.

I'm fucking tired.

On the plus side I'm going to a metal show tomorrow night in the D and I get to meet one of my favorite bands. Thank you VIP ticket!

I'm drinking a Juniper IPA and I actually like it.

I've been listening to Christmas music this week. No shame.

LO is starting to smile at me which is awesome!

Big week for the Lions. If we beat da bears, we take sole ownership of first place. I'm trying to temper my excitement because it's the Lions.

I'm thinking about seeing Thor at the midnight showing.

Re: A hodge podge of things

• Scratch Thor. I need sleep.

• Let me know how Thor is... it'll probably be a few weeks before I get a chance to see it myself.
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw the Juniper ale that Samuel Adams has in their winter sampler, I passed on it and got the sampler for Dundee and Budweiser new sampler.

Finally getting my son Baptized this weekend it took me over a year to convince my wife then a change of Priests at our church to get it done.  I am divorced without an annulment and the previous Priest was having major health issues while running a parish with a school.

I agree, I would skip the midnight showing of a movie is I was already running low on sleep.  Not worth it especially if you have to work the next day.

I am going to the Fabulous Food Show at the IX Center this weekend they moved the Beer Fest to this event.  For an extra amount I get a certain number of samples and a tasting glass.  Not sure what else I will be sampling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wulfgar said:

I saw the Juniper ale that Samuel Adams has in their winter sampler, I passed on it and got the sampler for Dundee and Budweiser new sampler.

I was really skeptical about it since I don't like IPA's as a rule, but it is surprisingly good. The Chocolate Cherry Bock on the other hand...blech. It's just nasty.

• Vikings win! 2-7, baby!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • PrimePrime member
    edited November 2013

futant462 said:
    I saw the Juniper ale that Samuel Adams has in their winter sampler, I passed on it and got the sampler for Dundee and Budweiser new sampler.
    I was really skeptical about it since I don't like IPA's as a rule, but it is surprisingly good. The Chocolate Cherry Bock on the other hand...blech. It's just nasty.
    @Wulfgar what could possibly be in a Budweiser sampler?

@futant462 I passed on the Sam Adams pack this year.  The Chocolate Cherry Bock was the only thing that interested me.  The Chocolate Bock in the past was good.  Did cherries really make it that bad?

• @Prime

The cherry part of it just tasted really artificial. Like they added Cherry NyQuil to the beer.

• Flying Dog makes a crazy IPA. Almost makes you halucinate.  Had that for the first time in the Rockies a few years back when my wife and I were still dating and enjoying freedom. 

We live in Milwaukee.  Everyday is beerfest here.  But I really only drink suds when I am out.  I am a Grey Goose and tonic guy at home. I have 1-2 a night and that is all I need.

New Glarus makes an IPA, but they only sell it in the state of Wisconsin.  If you ever get a chance to get some of their beers, DO IT!!  Spotted Cow is a great winter brew. 

• @ladyjenna13

I would love to go back to Wisconsin sometime.  DW and I went to the Dells and had a great time at the water parks.  I also probably drank half the jager in that town.  Drunk in Wizard Quest is a great time!

The best IPA's I've had, and really the only one's I've enjoyed, were from Three Floyd's in Indiana. 

• Wisconsin Dells is certainly a great place to enjoy some cocktails and brews during the hot summertime here.  I was just telling my wife that I have not been there in at least 10 years or longer.  Once the kid(s) get older, it will probably be an every summer thing.  Great waterparks, and some really nice golf courses too.

And fishing, of course!!

• Wisconsin Dells is certainly a great place to enjoy some cocktails and brews during the hot summertime here.  I was just telling my wife that I have not been there in at least 10 years or longer.  Once the kid(s) get older, it will probably be an every summer thing.  Great waterparks, and some really nice golf courses too.

And fishing, of course!!

I fucking loved the Ducks when I was a kid. Something about a car that could drive in water just really appealed to my young self. Maybe cuz I loved Transformers so much?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  •  

LuckyDad said:

Wisconsin Dells is certainly a great place to enjoy some cocktails and brews during the hot summertime here.  I was just telling my wife that I have not been there in at least 10 years or longer.  Once the kid(s) get older, it will probably be an every summer thing.  Great waterparks, and some really nice golf courses too.

And fishing, of course!!

I fucking loved the Ducks when I was a kid. Something about a car that could drive in water just really appealed to my young self. Maybe cuz I loved Transformers so much?

A number of years back Lake Delton (Where the Ducks launch) had a breach and the entire lake drained into the Wisconsin River.  The lake reopened a couple summers ago.  It was quick and very destructive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqxIT5zAtI

• LuckyDad said:

Vikings win! 2-7, baby!

About time the vikings win another game.
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • The Budweiser sample pack is another three "special" brews from local breweries.  One is from the Northwest, I forget the other two off the top of my head.  I have relatives coming over on Sunday that I know I will need beer for.  The last time, they brought their own beer to my son's first birthday party.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"