3rd Trimester
Options

Crud. Baby's engaged. Stm ?

I say crud because we just finished day 2 of the kitchen remodel. Not a total biggie; baby comes whenever baby comes. But I'd rather see baby "cook" a bit more as gest. age _just_ hit 37 weeks.

My Ob said that baby was engaged, but hadn't dropped. What do you make of that? After Googling, aren't those terms pretty much the same thing?

And my main question- if baby has dropped/engaged, shouldn't I be experiencing less heartburn? I still have it. :-(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crud. Baby's engaged. Stm ?

• Options
    Some people have heartburn up until the day they deliver. It's almost I stand relief sometimes after delivery. Baby's head could be engaged face down but could still be -3 station so still pretty high up.
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Options
    That's too bad about the heartburn.

I was a bit concerned about dropping with a 2nd pregnancy. Most indicate that it happens a day or 2 before labor. But I was also able to find some 2+ who held on for weeks after dropping. Here's hoping for that as I chug my coconut water!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eh I wouldn't worry. Found out at 33 weeks that this LO is engaged and ready when we went into the hospital for regular contractions  (third time mom here) and I'm still pregnant.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Options
    My 3rd was engaged at 31 weeks, it was an uncomfortable 8 weeks but engaging early certainly didn't mean she was on her way. 
  • Options
    Same as mamatogirls I was engaged at 31 weeks and delivered at 37 due to an emergency c section.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I had a 30 week check-up, and baby was "head down". I have been having a lot more pressure and cramps and hip pain and feeling sore and and and. I don't think she has moved much since then. I have very tight tummy muscles which hasn't given her heaps of room to spread out, (they have yet to separate, I am weird).

I still have terrible heartburn, it is due to your stomachs sphincter muscle more than anything. 
  • Options
    jmajor5jmajor5 member
    edited November 2013
    I found out at my 36+6 appointment this week that baby is engaged via ultrasound. When my cervix was checked I was dilated to a 3 but because he hadn't "dropped" yet my effacement was basically nil. So from my understanding is engaged does not necessarily mean dropped or stationed at a certain point. Just that LO knows what needs to be done.

• Options
    When baby engages and when it is subsequently born varies a lot. My eldest engaged at 32 weeks and wasn't born until 40+1 but a friend of mine recently had a baby and her son didn't engage until she was in labour. Easier said than done I know, but try not to worry about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"