June 2013 Moms
Options

Long day, but she finally pooped

We spent about 8 hours yesterday at the children's hospital on the recommendation of our pedi to make sure everything is OK with DD. I'm very happy we had a full work up done so we can rule out anything serious but it was an exhausting day for everyone. Blood drawn, two rectal exams, x-rays. Every time she finally settled for a nap someone else came in to see her. She still managed to be in good spirits In between all the procedures but by the time we drove home it was bed time for her so she slept horriblely last night (after we finally had 3nights of only 3 wake up). A couple of minutes after the second rectal exam she finally popped on her own, a nice full diaper. We are going back for a follow up with the surgeon, but it sounds like it is near impossible that she has the illness he is testing for, and no one else has any ideas.

I call this PIP " I pooped. Are you happy? Can I please sleep now"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Long day, but she finally pooped

• Options
    So glad!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay, congrats!

• Options
    I'm so happy for you mamma! How many days did she last this time?

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    that's great news about the poop!

• Options
  • Options
    Poor kiddo! I hope you find out what's going on soon!
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    23 days this time @phishgirl29 @kdc2007

• Options
    @araziza I probably missed this, cause I'm hit or miss on here lately... but what's her growth like? Do they think she just really uses up her food and doesn't produce much solid waste?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Time to edit that siggy pic ;). In all seriousness, hugs! I can't imagine spending the day in the hospital with a baby! You're a trooper!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited November 2013
    @RissnRuss hers the Coles notes: she went a 20 day stretch and besides farting like crazy everything was normal, gaining weight ok. Doc said up to 21 days could be normal. She didn't poop since, so at 20 days the pedi had us come in and she had not gained any weight in 2 weeks. I'm worried my supply has taken a hit (but can't really tell because I always nurse her, no regular pumping), but we are checking everything out. She's been very fussy the past couple weeks, so I'm sad that it might have been because she's not getting enough to eat, but really can't tell, which is frustrating, the docs didn't seem to think that was it, but I'm starting fenugreek and going to switch BCP to the mini pill just incase.

That's a long Coles notes version :p

• Options
    @araziza (hugs) This BFing stuff is SO stressful. I'm sorry you're going through this. I wish there was an easy way to see how much they are taking in at a feeding (without a weighed one!). I hope you're able to get some answers soon!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yay for poop!

• Options
    Yay poop!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She's not helping my plight to break the stereotype that women don't poo...
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    Lizzybizzy80Lizzybizzy80 member
    edited November 2013
    So many creepy hugs! My LO has Hirschsprung's and didn't poop after he was born. I am always up for talking poop if you want! He's doing great now :) but we are still so excited with his poops.

ETA this is eadonley, my new SN came through :) now I can really confess stuff.

• Options
    @lizzybizzy80 thankfully you have an easy avatar to remember otherwise I would have had no idea it was you! Yay for a new SN

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

dang @lizzybizzy80 now you are an even newer noob :)

• Options
    WasNotWas said:

I know! I think I am most likely to call myself a noob. Preventative measure to try not to get horribly flamed for newbie mistakes.

• Options

I know! I think I am most likely to call myself a noob. Preventative measure to try not to get horribly flamed for newbie mistakes.
    to me, you are only a noob because you call yourself one. You are active enough to be a regular IMO

• Options
    Yay! That made my day, putting away my noob card now.

• Options
    @lizzybizzy80 hirschprungs is the only thing anyone could come up with, but she has absolutely nothing else to indicate it. Everything was normal until 6 weeks ago.

• Options
    araziza said:

@lizzybizzy80 hirschprungs is the only thing anyone could come up with, but she has absolutely nothing else to indicate it. Everything was normal until 6 weeks ago.

Really glad this is the case, plus I forgot to tell you on PM that it is way less common for girls to get it.

• Options
    Feel for the LO as that sounds like it sucks.  Yay for poop though! 
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"