3rd Trimester

ACNE!

I have tried EVERYTHING! Any suggestions? I am dry, flaky, red, and sensitive. It seems like every day I have two or three NEW pimples! 

Re: ACNE!

• I just finished reading somewhere that acne could come before labor. I thought that was strange!
  • I battled acne throughout my pregnancy and only at ~37 weeks did it calm down. It would help if I used face wash and baby wipes throughout the day, but the minute I stopped the routine everything would flair up again. My doctor says there's not much you can really do but it should pass with time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I have sensitive skin and putting products on it just makes a bigger disaster.
  • I'm going to try just using a mild soap and warm water (and lotion). If I don't put lotion on, my skin will dry out and flake. I have AWFUL skin. I think trying to cover with makeup probably just makes it worse. It's frustrating because sometimes it will start to improve and then the next day I break out again. Ugh.
  • Yeah it would try to not wear make up and let it get some air.. Sounds silly but it works
  • I have had terrible acne since I became pregnant. Started using Clinique acne solutions a few months ago and it cleared my face up completely. It worked wonders!
  • I am a skin therapist, do you want to post some photos?

How would you describe your skin normally? Dry, normal, oily, sensitive, a lot of redness?
    How has it changed since being pregnant?
    Do you usually get acne?
    Are the spots small white heads that come up very quickly? Are they large, hard, red sore ones that take a long time to come to a white head/heal? 
    Do you have blackheads (not little dark pores, but large hard comedones that you can squeeze a big blackhead out of?)
    Do you get shiny and all during the day?
    Where are the spots located? Chin/jaw? Chin, nose, forehead? Everywhere? Cheeks/nose (like a butterfly pattern)?

What is your current face routine?
    What was your previous face routine?

• @tesskerr (hopefully I am replying to this right?)

I have always had somewhat of problem skin. I have combo, oily some spots but flaky on my forehead and chin. Definitely sensitive ( I can't use proactive & some neutragena products)

Usually the acne is manageable (prepregnancy). I would get a few every now and then but nothing compared to now. They come up quickly, especially on my forehead and chin area (white heads instantly). 
    I don't get too many blackheads but they do show up occasionally. 

I used to use St. Ives Apricot scrub but I change it up every so often. It seems like after I've used one product for so long it kind of stops working. 
    Now that I am pregnant I use an herbal soap bar I got from GNC that they recommended. I have also tried Skin Ceuticals face wash, and the Clinique 3 step program. They all may have helped a little initially but now they really don't help. Maybe I am switching too fast? What would you recommend?
  • I've been using Just plain old Dove and then Aveeno baby lotion. Works like a charm and people comment on the "pregnancy glow" I had horrible acne but it's all clear now! Worth a try. Also don't scrub with a washcloth and be sure to blot dry with a soft towel. The scrubbing could be making you extra sensitive.
  • All I can say is that I feel your pain  :(  I get bad cystic acne on my chin, it went away for months and now I have a flare up again with three huge mountains that nothing will help with!! I know it's a hormonal thing so all I can think is that now towards the end of my pregnancy they are all out of wack again. Good luck to you & invest in a good face wash and cover up...
    Mom to Lily, Lucas, Hayden and baby #4: Hudson born on Dec. 1st
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"