June 2013 Moms

Hanukkah Moms!

Ok... so LO's first Hanukkah- what are your plans like? What were your Hanukkah's like growing up?

My family just made latkes on the first night, lit candles every night, and played dreidel one night. I want a special something for A's... to be a nice tradition. Ideas?
imageimage
Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!

Re: Hanukkah Moms!

• DH and I light candles together every night. We will probably do one night at each of our parents. I want to put out a Hanukkia for DD, probably just won't light the candles. We never did anything huge growin up, lit the Hanukkias together every night, got together with family, ate tons of chocolate coins. Maybe I'll try my hand at making homemade latkes this year. I know some families where as long as the candles are burning it is family hang out time, every night. Honestly, I feel like for us Passover was a lot more of a big deal with all the fun traditions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got a wooden menorah from pottery barn kids that you turn the top of the candle to light it. I am thinking that will be the kids menorah and we will light the real one. Other then that we haven't discussed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"