Late Term and Child Loss

Leaving the house for the weekend

Hi all-  I haven't left the house for any real amount of time since Jesse was born, but this weekend DH and I are going to visit my parents in our hometown (Dh has drill for the Navy reserve and his drill center is there).  It is about 4 hours away and since we are leaving today, we will be gone for 3 nights. 

This might sound really strange, but I am scared to leave.  I know it's irrational, but I feel uneasy about leaving Jesse's urn and his baby blankets and all I have of him, behind.  I am going to bring the little photo book we have, but I wish I could just bring everything. 

How have you all handled a trip away from home?  Any tips?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

TTC since 2008
Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
 6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

Re: Leaving the house for the weekend

• jbranden12jbranden12 member
    edited October 2013
    Not strange. The first time we left home, we brought Patricia and her memory book with us.  ETA this was two months after she died. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • I don't think it's strange at all to feel that way. I have a separation anxiety going on myself. We were planning on doing something away from the house, also, but are feeling somewhat paralyzed to do anything, even a movie. So bottom line I have no advice. But I understand how you feel, and hope you and yh can get through the weekend. And you will have your family for support, also.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • It's not strange at all. When we left our first baby EJ after he died last year I balled but I also smelled all of his items before I left. As soon as I returned I went back to them. With my daughter Olivia I have her pictures on my phone so that when I feel I need to see her and talk to her without having a breakdown I do. I do hope you are able to enjoy your weekend and know that getting away is a great help in this process. ((Hugs)) and love
    imageimageimageimageimage 

• ***LO ticker*** We did an overnight trip a couple weeks ago and I had those same thoughts. What if something happens and I lose all his things? So, I loaded photos on my phone so I knew I had them and brought one of his blankets with us and that helped. I wouldn't question it. If you feel like you need to bring him and his blankets and photos, just do it. Whatever helps.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I hope you can spend some quality time with your parents. Maybe bringing Jesse's blanket with you will help you share him with them and talk about him. I haven't gone on an overnight trip yet. DH has been trying to plan a weekend trip to help me feel better but I don't want to leave Raynor's urn and things behind :(. DH had a pendant filled with some of Raynor's ashes so I can wear when we travel , but I still feel that something might happen and I will lose his things. I hope you'll have a good trip.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• I bring Devon's small memory box - which has his ashes, pictures, lock of hair and letters I wrote him - every time I leave for a weekend. I'm too afraid something will happen while I'm away from home. I will spend Christmas and Thanksgiving at my parents' house [2.5 hours away], and his entire memorial box and Molly Bear will come home with me then, too. Even after a year, I get so anxious if I leave him behind. It's not strange at all; I totally get feeling anxious.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I ended up brining his photos and blanket- I feel much better about being away with those few things at least! <3
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • I am going away this weekend, too, for my annual girls trip.  DH insisted I go, but I had a mini breakdown last night about it. I know I will have a good support system there, but this reminded me to take some mementos with me.  

Hope you are well. <3

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The first time DH and I left together for a few days, we brought Parker with us. I couldn't stand not having her with us. It was so helpful to be able to relax knowing that she was safe with me. I didn't bring all of her stuff, but she definitely came with us. Good luck on your trip. I hope you are able to enjoy it. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"