March 2013 Moms
Options

There's growing fast and then there's DD

DD will be 7 months old Saturday and has been wearing 12-18 month clothing for the past month. She even fit into 24 month PJs last night and they didn't swallow her up! People keep telling me, "Oh she'll thin out once she starts crawling." But she's not really chubby, just BIG. Even her doc said, "She's just a BIG baby." DD even skipped 6-9 month clothes. I can't keep clothes around long enough for her; bout ready to put her in 2-4 outfits a day just so she wears everything at least once.

Anyone else have a BIG baby?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: There's growing fast and then there's DD

• Options
    We aren't quite as big but in 9-12 months. People stop me all the time and ask me how old my baby is. I constantly get "oh my gosh he's huge!!". Kids grow at different rates. As long as she's healthy then I wouldn't be concerned.
  • Options
    My lo is also in 12-18 month clothes. He is just a big baby and people aren't afraid to just blurt it out at me all the time haha. I think that he's over 30 in. Tall and weighs at least 23 lbs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO Is the opposite. Tiny. She has had some growth issues from 6 months until now. We are finally back on track I think and finally hit 13lbs. I get "oh my she is so alert! Look how well she holds her head up, how old is she?" They think she Is a super advanced 4 month old haha
  • Options
    hdall0807hdall0807 member
    edited October 2013
    And in 6 month clothing , 3 month pants
  • Options
    Yes my son is the same exact situation. He is 7 months and in 12 to 18 months, but more 18 months stuff. Some 24 months and 2T. He is not chubby by any means. He has huge thighs but is skinny and tall. Everyone thinks he is much older then he actual is.
  • Options
    DD is in 12 month but most 18 month clothes are still very baggy. I will put her in some 18 month because we get our clothes from the thrift and from her cousin's hand me downs and it works. 9 month stuff is mostly too small.
    She's 7.5 months and at 7 months she was 27 inches tall and 19.6lb she was down .2lb and up .5 inches since 6months when she started crawling so she did thin out but she is still the size of most 12mo olds we meet and wearing that size. I think we have one 9 mo size cardigan in her wardrobe.
  • Options
    We totally skipped 6 month and 9 month. .. okay maybe a week she wrote 6 month and a few weeks at 9month she is 7.5 month and fits 12 month clothes easy, most pants are a little short andloose in the waist. But that has been the case in every size.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Pinkie78 said:

Our son is tight in 12 month and comfy in 12 to 18 month :)

This. DS is almost 8 months, and is 30+ inches and 25+ lbs (9 month appt is in December). I always get "Wow! He's BIG for his age!" No shit. You don't say.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I have the complete opposite! DS will be 8 months next week, is 28" long and 15 lbs. He's in 3 and 6 month clothes.
  • Options
    DD is 27 inches, 15 lbs... 3-6 month clothes, size 2 diapers. She has always been a peanut.
    Our Tiny Giant is 31 inches and 27.5 lbs at 7 months and two weeks. He started crawling last week. We also get ignorant comments about his size occasionally, usually something about playing football or eating too much. But really people are just impressed with his handsomeness. Big Handsomeness.
  • Options
    My baby is tiny too. 8 months, 26 inches and 15 lbs. Just switched her to her 9 months clothes and they're pretty big on her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Babies definitely do grow at different rates.  My little guy is long but lean.  I have the hardest time finding pants that fit.  Right now he is wearing 3-6 month pants but they are a bit short.  We've been in 9 month PJs for a few weeks.  He is so active.  I think he just burns off all of the calories he consumes.

;

• Options
    DD has always been in the 90% for height and weight.  At her 6month appointment she was weighing 20lbs, and at almost 8 months she is at about 22lbs.  she is almost completely out of 12 month clothing and starting to wear size 4 diapers.  I cant keep up with this girl!  I had to run out and buy her some size 18 month pjs because her 12 month ones barely zip up around her chunky little thighs!  
  • Options
    So happy to hear we're not the only ones with a BIG beautiful March baby :)

Anniversary

• Options

YES!  DD just turned 7 months on Nov.1 and we've been in 12 month clothing for the past month, maybe longer (I can't keep track anymore).  She's been 95-97th percentile on height and weight since birth.  It does get frustrating, especially since my MIL bought her so many dresses that she never even got to wear because she grew out of sizes so quickly - and I got the side-eye from MIL when I gave them to her with the tags still on to give to someone else since DD didn't wear them.  Sorry, I don't see the point in washing something to have DD wear it once for a photo then re-washing it so I can donate it because she'll never get the chance to wear it again!

We'll be in 18 month stuff very soon, in fact she's already wearing her 18 month jackets.  My mom said my brother was the same way and he's now 6'4 . . .

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"