5 Weeks Pregnant

Generalized anxiety and 5 weeks today

I suffer from GAD, generalized anxiety disorder, and getting of my "as needed" medication has been extremely difficult especially with the onset of these hormones. I had a panic attack two nights ago that left me frozen and terrified and my husban works away for 4 days at a time. The few nights before that i was sleeping 10 hours a night. I can't take Benadryl, so I purchased an herbal product called bachflower sleep remedy that is alcohol free and states that it is safe for expectant mothers and children. Any other advise for stress/anxiety or sleep remedies?

Re: Generalized anxiety and 5 weeks today

• Forgot to mention I am five weeks pregnant today
  • Try melatonin or valerian root. They're both herbal remedies that help with sleep and relaxation. Also, EFT is a coping technique to help reduce stress and anxiety (originally developed to help reduce PTSD and GAD), with a high rate of success.  You can find more info on it here https://www.emofree.com/eft/eft-tutorial.html
  • Loading the player...
  • Melatonin has a hormone in it that can cause miscarriage. I've already been told not to take that what so ever, but I'll look into the other stuff. Thanks!
  • I'm also GAD and 6 weeks pregnant.  I was advised to stop my medication when I found out I was pregnant, so I am trying to find other ways to cope with my rumination, tension, and panic.  I'm already starting to avoid people to compensate (not a good thing!)

• I have GAD and always had benzos on hand for the tough times--now I'm 5 weeks too and wasn't sure what to do since I can't take my lorazepam. Thanks for the melatonin recommendation--I"ll ask my doc about it. I have been doing therapy since my loss, and we do thing called "Tapping" or EFT in our sessions that's helped me when I have a flare up. May be something to try. I'm of the mentality if it isn't going to cause pain or harm, then I'll try ANYTHING.
    BFP # 1 11/2011, MC 12/2011 
    BFP #2 11/2012, Delivered at 21 weeks on 3/16/13 due to complications with bilateral renal agenesis. 
    ~~Missing Astrid Lynne~~
    BFP#3: 09/2013, EDD 5/14/14

Lilypie - (9zLl)
  • I have FAD and I found out my dr was retiring the same week I found out I was expecting, very bad timing and I can't take my alprazolam. Have been taking Benadryl and extra strength sleepy time tea because my anxiety is worst right now ( when I should be getting much needed rest but can't sleep )
  • Jennylynne:
    thanks so much for the tip! i found a video on EFT on you tube and it really helped me out tonight.. 

i am 5 wks pregnant with my rainbow, my daughter passed away during labor fullterm this past january and ive been struggling with terrible anxiety to the point where i hardly leave the house, have panic/anxiety attacks, have trouble sleeping..and just terror almost constantly for no good reason. 
    i was using herbal teas up until my BFP: valarian and passionflower, but they are not safe during pregnancy and so now i am looking for new helpful things... im thinking about trying a prenatal yoga class as well...  any way thanks for the tip the tapping is awesome and gave me immediate relief... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh great, first time i posted since my birth and why is it still showing that ticker? i deleted it..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"