High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD & Halloween

Suck! I just want some candy!! Just venting.....GD has saved me from tremendous weight gain because I'd usually eat a ton of it so I guess I'll keep that in mind to make me feel better:( it's really hard though

Re: GD & Halloween

• Options
    I could not agree more!!!! I hid all the candy in a closet and don't plan on taking it out until the first trick or treater is ringing the bell. I loooove fall and pumpkin stuff so I bought my favorites and stuck them in the basement pantry. I plan on happily devouring them in December!

• Options
    I hear ya, Halloween is big at my work so everyone has mini candy bars on their desk, they had a breakfast AND a lunch potluck yesterday.  Thankfully we're going out of town tonight and not handing out candy, so there is none in our house.  I'm dreading Christmas too.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally agree. We even went as far as buying only goldfish and pretzels so I wouldn't be tempted!
  • Options
    innanni said:
    I'm worried about thanksgiving.  We will be a relatives and usually everybody skips breakfast to eat the big late lunch that day.  I know being on insulin I just won't be able to do that and I will have to be super careful what I eat that day.  Not looking forward to it.
    We stay with family a lot over the holidays, and after three rounds of this I've learned to just bring my own food so that I know I always have something I can eat. I'll still have the big holiday meal, but I bring snack and breakfast options because skipping just isn't a option. Just a little cooler with string cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc. Be prepared and you should be fine :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    memali26 said:

innanni said:

I'm worried about thanksgiving.  We will be a relatives and usually everybody skips breakfast to eat the big late lunch that day.  I know being on insulin I just won't be able to do that and I will have to be super careful what I eat that day.  Not looking forward to it.

We stay with family a lot over the holidays, and after three rounds of this I've learned to just bring my own food so that I know I always have something I can eat. I'll still have the big holiday meal, but I bring snack and breakfast options because skipping just isn't a option. Just a little cooler with string cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc. Be prepared and you should be fine :)

This is a really good idea. I am making my own low carb pumpkin soup and broccoli casserole because my ILs pretty much see Thanksgiving as a sugar explosion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"