3rd Trimester
Options

Stretch Marks....

I'm first time mom, 32 weeks pregnant. I noticed some stretch marks on my inner thighs a few weeks ago but I had some in high school too so I was not surprised. They aren't bad and not really of much concern. Over the past 2-3 weeks I have had a small spot on each of my hips show up. There are about 2-3 lines on each side of them but they are very faint, not dark, and don't seem to be deep at all. Just curious as to other peoples experience on them. Do they always start off this way? Looking a light pinkish color and not very deep under the skin? Or do sometimes they show up deep and dark from the beginning? I have been putting the cocoa butter lotion and oil on twice a day from day 1 but guess it just wasn't enough! DARN! 

Re: Stretch Marks....

• Options

Stretch marks are genetic so rubbing oil all over will not prevent them but will help with the itching.  Mine are a light pink right now but I have a few that are deeper red. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    Mine started light.. Then got dark.. And a year later you can barely see them, I never used lotions to prevent them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Must be nice to have that few!
  • Options
    With my first, I didn't get stretch marks until after I delivered her.  They are only on my hips (aka love-handles).  I'm 34 weeks right now and am noticing the ones I had from DD are popping a little more and I have a small one right above my belly button and a few light ones on my boobs.  No amount of lotion/oil will prevent them if you're going to have them.  Just like a scar (depending on how severe they are), they will fade with time.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    I got one barely visible stretch mark with DS1 that I couldn't see at all a month after he was born. 

This time round I thought I was escaping them too ... until I realized they were all just above my pelvis where I couldn't see them. And they've crept up from there to the point where they're up past my belly button. I have a few on the front of my thighs and on ONE butt cheek (??). They started out light pink and now the worst ones are a very dark purple. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    Mine are bright red and so so itchy, I have started using calamine lotion to try and help the itch...once baby comes ill start worrying about getting them to fade. Mine appeared literally overnight
  • Options
    I've never had stretch marks on my belly, hips just my breasts as well!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I'm 29 weeks and haven't gotten any SO FAR. I'm just waiting for the morning when I wake up & am covered. I've heard a lot of women say they didn't get any until the last two weeks of pregnancy, so I'm not getting my hopes up! Plus I have had stretch marks on my upper behind since I was 12. They were light pink at first but now they are faded and white. Not so terribly bad. Good luck to you! 
  • Options
    I am 32 weeks and I have them from both. both hips all the way to my belly button
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine started out on my stomach and were incredibly itchy at first! They started out really dark red/purple and have faded to a light pink. The later into my pregnancy I've gotten (I'm 39 weeks) I've gotten really bright red ones on my boobs. I only use lotion when they get itchy. I don't mind having them, it just shows that I've had the wonderful experience of being pregnant (don't get me wrong there are times when I wish I wasn't still pregnant). Stretch marks are a scar that just tells a part of your life and I think they're a beautiful thing. Sure I'll never wear a bikini again, but who cares? My LO will be completely worth it.
  • Options
    I'm very fair skin, the stretch marks from my first pregnancy actually lightened up months after I had the baby. This pregnancy I've noticed new marks a little deeper than the first pregnancy... I expect they'll be darker.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"