May 2012 Moms

GTKY

There's only a handful of regular posters left, so lets do a GTKY since it's already pretty cozy in here ;)

Topic: weird quirks about yourself:

• I hate wearing socks, and when I do where socks I walk on the balls of my feet instead of planting them for some reason.
  • When I'm on the phone I either have to walk in circles or doodle to keep myself focused, seems like it would actually distract me but it works the other way.
  • I pick at my lips when I'm bored/nervous/anxious.
  • I'm kind of obsessed with cats to the point where I will buy clothes and jewelry with cats on them and then end up not wearing it because I don't actually like it, my compulsion just made me buy it in the first place.
  • I get weirdly annoyed when people pronounce words in a different way that me. I don't mean like an accent, just flat out put emphasis in a different place or something. It makes me twitchy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY

• I have a thing w/ noises... tapping, repetition etc, drives me nuts.  
    • I do calf raises in the shower while rinsing my hair... I've done this for YEARS
    • I have to read while I eat
    • One of my fav meals is gluten free easy mac, tuna, and ketchup  : )
    • I have a weird thing with mouth noises like gum chewing and loud chewers. It really drives me nuts.
    • One of my favorite things to eat growing up was bagels with cream cheese and Doritos on top. 
    • I pace the house while I am on the phone. It drives DH nuts.
    • I don't like to mix foods on my plate. Some things are okay together but the majority of things I don't like to mix. My Mom still brings me special divider plates when we go to picnics together or on vacation.  
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. My favorite comfort food is pasta with ketchup and grated cheddar.  Childhood memories!

2. If my husband can't learn to chew with his mouth closed I'm going to kill him, I'm hoping that getting his deviated septum helps with that.

3. I agree with the people pronouncing words differently, it drives me bonkers!

4. I never make my bed in the mornings, because I'm lazy, but I cannot go to sleep unless I get in to a nicely made bed, so I make it every night right before I crawl in.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• MrsH11710MrsH11710 member
    edited November 2013
    • I'm the only one that can touch my laundry. I hate when someone tries to wash, dry, or fold my personal clothes, even DH. It feels like an invasion of privacy to me.
    • I can't stand the sound of someone biting/chomping ice. I get chills all through my body.
    • I can live on cereal.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• 1.  I have to eat each food on my plate one at a time.  I can't take a bite of pasta then a bite of veggies, then back again.  If I start on the veggies, I finish all of it before moving on to something else.

2. I absolutely cannot stand to be around people who are chewing with their mouths open and/or making smacking noises while they eat.  For the 3 years I was at my last employer, I ate lunch at my desk most days solely because one of the other people there chewed with her mouth open and talked with food in her mouth.

3.  I could eat breakfast foods for every meal of the day.

4.  In high school, most of my lunches consisted of mustard and potato chip sandwiches (haven't tried it since then, probably won't again! LOL)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I hate the feel of cotton balls ! Hate hate hate! Like makes my skin crawl hurts my teeth hate.

I have days where my cloths "touch me" they are uncomfortable and make me anxious.

I do not like to see adult women wearing yoga pants, pjs, or sweat pants in public for no reason (ie not coming from the gym) I think it's important to take the time to get dressed to go in public.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • My sheets have to be tucked in at the bottom of the bed. I can't sleep if my sheets are messy. Also, if I wake up in the middle of the night I can't go back to sleep until I know what time it is.

I hate the texture of beans. Yuck.

I also make list for everything. I find it calming. Yes, I know that's weird.
  • I also hate socks! Given a choice they come off with my shoes because I won't wear shoes without them. I wear my sandals as long as I can to avoid socks.

Ketchup goes on hotdogs, hamburgers, and French fries, that is it, no exceptions! My dad used to out ketchup on his French toast and my sister ate ketchup sandwiches and it scarred me for life lol. Ketchup should also never be cold!

I also can't stand when people mispronounce or misspell simple, common words.

• I also noticed today that when I check out at the grocery store I put all "like items" together and always hope they bag it like that. For instance I make sure all the fruit is together, the frozens items, cans, meats, etc. I can't just throw my items randomly on the little conveyor belt.
    I do the same thing. I drives me nuts when my husband puts frozen food and fresh fruit and veggies in the same bag! To me it's just common sense to bag like items together.
  • ELF4321 said:

1.  I have to eat each food on my plate one at a time.  I can't take a bite of pasta then a bite of veggies, then back again.  If I start on the veggies, I finish all of it before moving on to something else.

OMG, Me too. DH thinks I'm nuts.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• najzomax said:

I also noticed today that when I check out at the grocery store I put all "like items" together and always hope they bag it like that. For instance I make sure all the fruit is together, the frozens items, cans, meats, etc. I can't just throw my items randomly on the little conveyor belt.

I do the same thing. I drives me nuts when my husband puts frozen food and fresh fruit and veggies in the same bag! To me it's just common sense to bag like items together.

YES. And that I purposefully pick the line with the bagger who "gets it." Ha ha ha seriously it baffles me that not everyone thinks like this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"