Philadelphia Babies

Jobs

I am currently a stay at home mom in Montgomery County near the Montgomeryville mall and looking for a full time job in the area.  I have my Bachelor of Arts in Human Services degree and would love to use it.  I am having a hard time finding places to apply. I have applied anywhere and everywhere.  I am looking for some suggestions on more places to apply to.  I really need a job ASAP.   TIA!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jobs

• I am in the same boat.  I got laid off as a Marketing Director when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and am now looking for a full or part-time position focusing on branding, strategizing, increasing ROI and social media.  It is tough, especially having a 13 month old baby. I am trying to network all the time.  Do you get the NetMixer.com e-mails?  There is a lot of options on there to meet people.  I feel the more people I talk to the more people might have something for me...Let me know what you are looking for, and I if I hear of anything I will let you know. 

Today is the first time I have posted on the Bump (Nest or theKnot) and I have been checking this out since before I was married, but I need to help my friend out, so I thought I would try.  Have you done this before and have you found it successful? 

• My DD is 13 months too and it is definitely tough trying to even find tie to look for a job.  I was let go from my last job about 2 months before I found out I was pregnant with her so I haven't worked in a long time.  I feel like all jobs say you have to have experience, and I wonder how do you get experience if they won't hire you.   I have never heard of netmixer.com  I will definitely check it out, thanks!   Honestly my degree is so broad, I think I could do a lot with it..its basically social work (social services).  I will be honest and say I want to try to use my degree, so I don't want to do something like sales, or waitressing or anything like that.  With my degree I could do something like an adult day care or activity center, nursing homes, community housing services...something like that if that helps. 

I have posted on here about looking for a job but really only found people telling me to look on the normal websites like monster.  I use this site for baby/toddler stuff more than anything.

• Loading the player...
  • Look for positions at local colleges. Temple Ambler, Gwynedd Mercy, Del Val also isn't that far. A lot of the positions want a Bachelors degree but aren't too picky on what the degree is in.
    Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • check your local county website for jobs in social services.

• Look for positions at local colleges. Temple Ambler, Gwynedd Mercy, Del Val also isn't that far. A lot of the positions want a Bachelors degree but aren't too picky on what the degree is in.
    Ok, thank you!
  • check your local county website for jobs in social services.

I have done this, and I keep trying to check for updates too. thank you!
  • Thanks for the information.  I also heard recently to look on Working Moms and at a company called Aspire.  I tried once, but I didn't get a chance to complete my search because the baby woke up. 
  • Thanks for the information.  I also heard recently to look on Working Moms and at a company called Aspire.  I tried once, but I didn't get a chance to complete my search because the baby woke up. 

Is working moms a website? I will try to google those, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"