June 2012 Moms
Options

LOs sleep schedules

Hi Ladies, I would love to hear all of your schedules and experiences. We are in the process of converting DD to one nap as she has been fighting both her morning and afternoon naps. She has been playing in her crib and taking about an hour to fall asleep so we figured she was ready to consolidate her naps.

Are your LOs taking one or two naps per day?
If only one, how did the transition go?
Did it affect their night time sleep?
What time are naps, bed time?

TIA!
after 2+ years, 3 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs with a c/p
IVF#3 brought us our miracle baby girl on June 26, 2012

imageimageimage

Re: LOs sleep schedules

• Options
    Weekday is different than weekend since DD goes to daycare during the week.

M-F she goes to bed sometime between 8-8:30pm and then I wake her up around 6:30-6:45am to get her dressed and nurse her before we leave. Typically she still gets up 1x in the middle of the night to eat too. Then at daycare she will take 1 2-2.5 hour nap from about 12:30pm-2:30pm or 3pm.I think she would still be on 2 naps a day all the time but she is so distracted and busy at daycare even when she's tired. By the time they eat lunch and she goes down on her cot, she is exhausted and goes right out.

Weekend is much different. We are out and about a lot. She will sleep to 7:30 or 8am and still get up to eat sometime int he 12 hours from when she went to bed and wakes up. She will fall asleep in the car if we are out mid morning for 30 minutes or so. Then she will take a later afternoon nap for 1-1.5 hours. Its much harder on the weekends. She pretty much works around our schedule.

I have noticed a big difference between the 1st and 2nd child. We always worked around DS's schedule when we only had him. Now, DD works around our schedule and her brother's.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS goes to be around 7:30 and wakes up b/n 6:30 and 7:30. He naps from about 11:00-1:00 or 12:00-2:00. If he takes a short nap for whatever reason (or wakes up early in the AM and needs an earlier nap) I sometimes put him down for a 2nd nap in the evening around 4:00. Sometimes he'll crash, and sometimes he'll just play in his crib for a while. The transition to one nap was long and not pretty at our house. He went through a week or two where he would be exhausted by 10:30 but would still play in his crib for an hour. I just kept working on keeping him out of his crib for an extra 10 minutes or so each day. I don't remember it affecting his night sleep much, except I might have put him down for bed 30-45 minutes early for a week or two.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are your LOs taking one or two naps per day?  Yes, since 11 months.

If only one, how did the transition go?  Great, he was ready.

Did it affect their night time sleep?  Not at all.

What time are naps, bed time?  Sleep is 7-7 and nap is 11:30/12-2:30/3
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My LO wakes for the day between 7-8am. She takes her nap around 11:45-12 and will sleep for about 2.5 hours. Then she goes to bed around 6:45-7:00pm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has an unusual schedule. Goes to bed 9-9:30 pm wakes up 9:30-10 am. Naps from 2-3, sometimes a bit longer. Some days she naps a bit later.
    She transitioned to one nap around 12 months (ish). It started by her second nap getting later and pushing bed time later (too late!).
    Then after a week or so it went to normal with one nap..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Suebee8Suebee8 member
    edited October 2013
    Things seemed to go pretty well yesterday with the transition. My mom watches her on Tuesdays so it was a good time to try. She said she was getting a bit tired and cranky but made it to lunch around 11:15, nap around 11:45 and slept until 2:30. I thought she would be cranky in the evening but we kept her busy until bath and in a good mood. All in all I'd say a success.
    Thanks all for sharing your experience!
    after 2+ years, 3 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs with a c/p
    IVF#3 brought us our miracle baby girl on June 26, 2012

imageimageimage

• Options
    BRBR member
    DD goes to bed at 7:00 and wakes up at 6:45 pretty much like clockwork every day.  We transitioned to 1 nap a few months ago because that's what they do in the toddler room at her daycare.  It was hard at first.  It took her a few weeks.  She now takes one nap around 12 and sleeps anywhere from one and a half to two and a half hours.
  • Options
    Do all of your LO's sleep that much on their own or is it something everyone actively worked on? Bedtime for us is 7:30, wake-up is 5:15-5:45, nap time is around 1pm and he sleeps for 1 to 2 hours. No idea how he stays awake and insanely active for 7-8 hours each morning.  He actually goes on nap strikes where for a few days in a row he doesn't nap and is up for his 14 hour day with no nap, plenty of energy and in good spirits.  He seems to do this every 2-3 weeks. He didn't start sleeping through the night until 14months, right around when he started these very long awake periods.  So the good news is that he's actually asleep at night now.
  • Options
    DD still wakes up a lot at night. I have been co-sleeping since around 12 months. She also stays awake and active for up to 7, sometimes 7.5-8h. Her sleep is a challenge.
    She jumped from the 25% to the 50th % in weight from 12 to 15 months, so I feel that she may still need those feedings.
  • Options
    DD moved to 1 nap in daycare at age 1.  At home, she still took 2 naps for a couple months.  For the past 2 months, she has completely switched to 1 nap.  It's great!

6:00 wake up
    12:00 nap, but can start anywhere from 11-1 depending on the day
    Naps 2-3 hrs, sometimes less at school
    7:00 Bedtime, she usually STTN
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

I have to say that I have been truly blessed with two children that never have had fits about naptime or bedtime.

DS take one 2 hour nap Mon-Fri, however I feel like he needs more sleep than that so he is cranky and crys "night-night" around 6:45 and goes in his rooms pulls his blankets out of his crib and lays on the floor. He will sleep from 7pm-7am. On the weekends I throw an extra nap in there in the morning around 8:30 and he will sleep for about an hour.

• Options
    ebettley said:

I have to say that I have been truly blessed with two children that never have had fits about naptime or bedtime.

DS take one 2 hour nap Mon-Fri, however I feel like he needs more sleep than that so he is cranky and crys "night-night" around 6:45 and goes in his rooms pulls his blankets out of his crib and lays on the floor. He will sleep from 7pm-7am. On the weekends I throw an extra nap in there in the morning around 8:30 and he will sleep for about an hour.

wow, you ARE blessed!
  • Options
    Since starting daycare, AJ has gone from two naps to one. She wakes up between 6 and 7 am, naps 12:30 to 2, and bedtime is 7:30. Weekends nap times may differ.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Down to one nap for about 2 hours (usually). It was a pretty easy transition. I could tell because she'd fight both naps pretty hard. When we switched, she went back to being happy to nap. She naps around 1pm and goes to bed around 7:30 or 8.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've been on 1 nap starting around 13 months. Daycare transitioned him and we kind of followed it on the weekends too. DS sleeps around 7:30-8:00pm and wakes up anywhere from 6:00-7:00am. We're still going through a bit of rough patch in terms of STTN as he's kind of going through a sleep regression with sickness and teething.
  • Options
    DS sleeps about 11-12 hours at night; he goes to bed at 7P and is awake around 6:30ish. He takes a nap mid-morning that is typically two hours long. He hasn't totally dropped an afternoon nap, but probably will before too long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"