TTC after 35

Interesting insurance dilemma

So, fair to say that we all want a BFP, as quickly as possible. 

That said, as I played through my 'if it happens this month' scenarios, I realized that I would spend the first 12 weeks on my current insurance before our new plan starts on Jan. 1. My m/c earlier this year cost me $1300 for two doctors appointments. 

At this time of the month (CD30), I am usually looking for silver linings…. I think this may be this month's 'bright side.'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Interesting insurance dilemma

• Our insurance will change in March because the current plan is no longer being offered, so would have a similiar type of dilemma (every month I check to see when I would give birth 'just in case").

One thing I have told me DH if we get a BFP we are getting Aflec (sp?) because I know the hospital bill will be more than we can afford. Also since we are both self emplyed if we don't work we dont get paid....I think Aflec would come in very handy then.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I was thinking about this this morning. I had my HSG and I was looking into our deductible/max out of pocket expenses/etc.  As I was trying to figure out how much money we would owe, I realized that all of these totals start over again January 1.  Ugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went through this with IF treatments as well as the birth of my son. I wish I had encouraging words for you but it was a nightmare.  I literally got to the point of waiting for people to call me and ask for money...I had no idea what was paid/who was supposed to cover it.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• ooh as an aside on the Aflac thing....they won't cover you if you buy after getting pregnant...just a heads up

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Just found out today, because of my age, they won't treat me for 'infertility' especially since I've been pregnant twice this year. If we want to go further that fsh testing, I'll have to go off base to a civilian facility and insurance will not cover any of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"