August 2011 Moms

Baby-related regression?

So DD1 has started putting random things in her mouth again.  And it's really annoying.  I can't tell if this is a phase, or if it's because she sees the baby doing it, or if it's just a way for her to get our attention.  Or a combination of all three.  Is anyone else's kid doing this again?  I try not to react too strongly, but it's tough.  And I have to react at least enough to get her to remove the object.  Any  thoughts?  Any moms of 2+ whose older kid went through this when you brought home baby #2 or #3?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Baby-related regression?

• We're having the same issue. DS will put his hand in his mouth to suck on exactly like DD does. I know it's because he sees her doing it because he usually only does it when she's doing it. He also puts the toys that she puts in her mouth in his mouth. Wait...that sounds confusing... If he sees her put a toy in her mouth, he will usually put that toy in his mouth as soon as she puts it down.

I think he started putting random things (eg, pennies) into his mouth before he picked up these habits from her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yup. It seems DD2 is always putting stuff in her mouth. I want to blame it on her 2 year molars, but I think it may be baby related. We just keep telling her to not put hings in her mouth and take away whatever it is that she was gnawing on. Someday she'll get it, right?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"