1st Trimester
Options

Finally found my cure for constipation

Excuse the TMI:

Never in my life have I ever been constipated so I had no idea what that would feel like.  Enter pregnancy and now I'm well versed into just how not fun it is to be constipated.  I would poo about every couple of days and when I did finally go, oh baby jesus, it felt like I was shitting out a sailboat...sideways.  I swear I was this close to tears it hurt so bad.  I tried upping my water in take, eating more fruits and vegetables, all to no avail.  I didn't want to take anything like milk of magnesia for fear of not being able to stop pooing but I was starting to get to that point where I was going to give in.  Well, last night, my husband made chili and I told him to put plenty of kidney beans in it and oh holy mother!  Never have I felt so much relief in my life.  No more pooing sailboats :)  What worked for everyone else?

Re: Finally found my cure for constipation

• Options
    I am prone to constipation in my regular life, so I try to aim for 30+ gm of fiber per day.  I have chia seeds, fresh fruits and veggies.  Honestly, a milkshake will do it for me.  Prune juice is helpful too.  :)
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I call it having a poop baby..it hurts so bad.
    The only thing that has given me a normal trip to the bathroom in 11 weeks is apple cider!
    Highly recommended!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    =))  "Every other day." I didn't go for 6 DAYS. But your description of a sailboat made me LOL.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Heading to the grocery store for kidney beans stat!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    I got that fiber stuff you put in beverages then had coffee and a fruit smoothie. BAM!

• Options
    Erica314 Erica314 member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I struggle with constipation even when I'm not pregnant. 

Now, it's awful!  I am lucky to go one or two small rabbit-like times per week until I do something about it.  Prune juice works, but I find I get really bad cramps and gas when I drink it - so it's hard to bring myself to do it.  It sure does work though!

I don't have kidney beans, but maybe I'll cook up some baked beans tonight and see if that does the same thing. :-)

imageimage

Baby #1 due June 5th, 2014

• Options
    I also LOL 
    it felt like I was shitting out a sailboat...sideways.

That might make anyone crap their pants :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I was starting to show. Then, I finally used the bathroom, and now my bump is gone!
  • Options

I thought I was starting to show. Then, I finally used the bathroom, and now my bump is gone!

LOL the same thing happened to me! Well that was a couple weeks ago..now I'm showing again because of how terrible this constipation has been. Fml.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    a combination of dunkin coffee and a 3 glasses of orange juice each day helped me

• Options
    I struggle with this regularly so I take several capsules a day of a fiber/probiotic supplement. Even then, sometimes I have to chug a glass of metamucil. Ugh!
  • Options
    Prunes. I eat three after dinner. I'll eat more during the day if I've been having issues.

• Options
    If I do not have prunes, I will use Metamucil (or the stores version of it). I am normally pretty regular but have recently had to deal with constipation

Excitedly awaiting my first!

<

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"