July 2013 Moms
Options

Updated: Please poop, baby!

Bmore721Bmore721 member
edited November 2013 in July 2013 Moms
Poor Meredith! Lots of wet diapers and good weight gain, but today is day 8 of no poop in the Bmore house. Pedi examined LO and determined that she is not impacted or blocked up, but she wants us to try round 2 of prune juice and add a suppository. I fully anticipate a blowout as soon as DD puts on her Halloween costume tonight.

ETA: LO is EBF.

Update (11/1, 3:30 am): Success! But now DD thinks it is playtime. I'm glad she is feeling better, but this mom needs some sleep.

Re: Updated: Please poop, baby!

• Options
    Wow. 8 days. Man is that gonna be a blowout.

Bonus: 

• Options
    Ick. Since my LO has been on formula he goes everyday. When he was EBF it was scary... GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whoa! The bean went 2 days without pooping and when he finally blew, boy did he blow! Hopefully walking around tonight will help! Good luck and be prepared for the mother load!

imageimage            

• Options
    My sister didnt poop for 2 months. She was checked multiple times and nothing was wrong. But when she finally did poop....ew. It seriously could have filled up the baby tub
  • Options
    Have you tried the Windi? (I didn't get a chance to read all of the responses. Sorry for the repeat)
    Anniversary

• Options
    Holy crap. Two months?!?

Lots of belly rumbles and trucker farts, but no poop yet. I am scared.
  • Options
    We are on day 7. LO has been going once a week lately. It is a blowout when it does happen but I was under the impression this was normal in EBF babies?
  • Options
    Sending good diaper keeping it in vibes your way! :)
  • Options
    I figured that we would have a blowout as soon as we put her in Halloween costume (Murphy's Law). However, Halloween is over, DD is asleep, and we are still poop-less. I'm shocked. Where is the poop?!?

Prior to now, the longest DD went between bowel movements was 4 or 5 days, so this is not normal for her. If we aren't successful by noon tomorrow, the ped wants to run labs.
  • Options
    Yea...no one could figure put why she wasnt Pooping. My parents kept having her checked but it eventually came out. I just want to know where she kept it all until it finally came out!
  • Options

Labs? We went 11 days and our pediatrician wasn't going to look further into it until after 2 weeks

No idea what kind of labs she wants to run, but I didn't bother to ask at the time because I was pretty confident that the prune juice/suppository treatment would yield results. Her belly is really rumbly, so I'm still hopeful that we will get an overnight surprise and can avoid any further treatment.
  • Options

JELM2004 said:

We are on day 7. LO has been going once a week lately. It is a blowout when it does happen but I was under the impression this was normal in EBF babies?

My pedi said it can be normal but if you go from having a daily or multiple times a day pooper to no poop for 4 days then to call just in case. My LO poops 4+ times a day so if she suddenly went a week I would be concerned. If she always went several days between poops that would be a different story.
    OP, good luck and let us know how it turns out. I'm oddly interested in your baby's poo I guess...

I see... Thanks for the info :)

This actually happened to us 2 weeks ago when LO turned 11 weeks. Hecwent from 2-3 times a day to suddenly 6 days. I posted about it and many told me it was normal to switch at that point so I didn't think too much of it. He then went another week and then 5 days. Seems to be his new pattern. He doesn't ever seem uncomfortable or anything though, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned now since he switched pooping "routines" so suddenly!?

• Options
    Yay for the update! How bad was it?
  • Options
    Glad she finally went!
  • Options
    Yay for the poo!!

Bonus: 

• Options
    @Silv3rlining - Poop issues are no fun. DD didn't seem uncomfortable until we hit the afternoon of day 8. Our ped recommended trying prune juice first: 1 oz.; then if no poop 3 hours later, give 1 add'tl oz. Hope your LO finds relief soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"