June 2013 Moms

Probiotics

I think I've seen some of you mention probiotics. What can you tell me all them? What do you use them for, have they helped? Do I take them since I BF or give them to the baby? DD had a stomach bug a month and a half ago and she still isn't back to normal. Her poop is different and she's been a lot more gassy since then. Her dr said it would take a while for her to get back to normal because the bug messes with the good bacteria in their stomach. So I just wondered if probiotics might be an option.

Re: Probiotics

• They helped her a lot when she was younger (1-2 months). She had less pain with gas and seemed to poop easier. We gave her liquid probiotic drops. They are expensive though and we stopped using them.
  • abbityabbity member
    edited November 2013
    Hi,
    The probiotics that Milana takes is called Bio Gaia probiotics. She takes 5 drops daily/every other day. I decided to give them to her because she was very gassy and was in pain:( previously I had tried gripe water, simethicone gas drops, some other natural remedy for gas and I found the probiotics the best! I noticed an improvement within a week.

You yourself can also take probiotics which is said to be helpful. When I remember I also take probiotic pills. There are lots of natural supplements that you can take while BF that is supposedly able to help with baby gas issues such as fennel and dandelion pills.

Hoping that helps!

ETA: post got cut off
  • Loading the player...
  • I use the gerber soothe drops (basically they bought bio Gaia). L was having a lot of gas issues and not pooping regularly, the drops have really helped. He's been a much happier baby since we started them.
  • I use Bio Gaia, I give them directly to her, she was super colicky and they seemed to help.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"