3rd Trimester
Options

Bottles - which do you prefer?

FTM here. I've heard conflicting things from friends about Playtex vs Avent bottles. I registered for Playtex bottles (but the wrong warmer apparently) so I need to make some adjustments to my registry but thought I'd do a quick Bump poll. :) I hear Avent leaks sometimes? Ultimately every baby is different but it was worth asking. Thank you.

Re: Bottles - which do you prefer?

• Options
    Avent always leaked for us, I hate them. Some people love them, but they must have some magic way of putting them together that I never found.

LOVE Playtex. We used the VentAire wide bottles and my girls did great on them. Much less gassy once we switched to the VentAire and never had leaking problems. My girls were both formula fed and the bottles held up great to daily use and abuse.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the avent bottles and plan to use them again.  I didn't have any issues with leaking the entire time we used them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used the playtex drop ins with my daughter and I loved them. But I will say we tried a few before ending up with them because she was picky about her bottle/nipples. This time around I bought a few tommy tippy and a few breast flow ones as well as the drop ins. You just never know how your LO will do with what bottle so I like to have options on hand.
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I used Playtex Ventaire for my daughter. I have a LC that said they were great for nursing babies (with a slow flow - that I dipped in boiling water to make even slower). Never had a problem with them.
  • Options
    Well since our Lil man is twelve years after our last Lil man(whom by the way thinks he is a grown man) we are choosing a totally different bottle-Born Free. We got them from Babies R Us and they are also online at Wal Mart. They are some of the best rated bottles available. If lil man does not agree with them then we'll choose Dr. Brown's
  • Options
    I used Avent and loved them.  I had one that did leak and it was how i was screwing it on.  I worked at a church daycare and most of the parents used the ventaire.  they loved them.  Im no help...lol
  • Options
    DS didn't use many bottles, but when he did, he would only use a Tommee Tippee bottle.  Probably because he was nursed and I think these are the most similar to the breast.  He refused ventaires and drop ins for us. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I absolutely love dr.brown bottles I've had a great experience with them and plan on purchasing them again this time around....
  • Options
    oscarkatoscarkat member
    edited November 2013
    Get the avent, they're awesome. The leaking issue was 2010 into 2011. I used them with my son in 09 and had no issues. I bought new in 2011 and they leaked, but it was a manufacturing issue and they correct it, so when I replaced them I had no issue. I've bought them again for this baby.
  • Options
    Only MAM. Yeah they are 5 pieces but awesome.
  • Options
    oscarkat said:
    Get the avent, they're awesome. The leaking issue was 2010 into 2011. I used them with my son in 09 and had no issues. I bought new in 2011 and they leaked, but it was a manufacturing issue and they correct it, so when I replaced them I had no issue. I've bought them again for this baby.
    Well this would explain why I hated Avent but 99% of other moms who used them love them. DD1 was a 2010 baby, that's when we bought them and they leaked all.the.time. I knew I wasn't just crazy, thanks ;)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bf but pumped and also used playtext drop in liner bottles - never leaked and used advent pacis.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    This is baby #3 for me, and I really dont get the "wait and see what baby likes" advice... my kids both were breastfed and took any bottle I gave them if they needed a bottle for some reason. 
    That said, I used mostly the playtex drop ins for DD#1 and we loved them, but after about 6 months of being heated/cooled, the rings and tops of the bottles began to warp which made them leak. It was also inconvenient when you didnt realize you were almost out of liners, and ran out in the middle of the night. They did warm very quickly and were easy to use and clean though. 

With DD#2 we went to glass born free bottles. Have never had an issue and DD#2 still has a bottle before bed, so 18 months and still going strong. Will only buy DD#3 new nipples. I prefer glass to plastic because I know there are no chemicals leaching into the milk and we've only had one broken bottle and that was bc the babysitter dropped it on the driveway. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    Avent never leaked for us, unless you didn't put the ring/seal inside when closing the bottle. And in that case, it's not a design flaw, but user error.

The Avent nipple flow, though, was a bit fast for DS.
    This. Avent worked great, but the slow nipple flow was too fast for LO. We love the Playtex Ventaire. The slow flow nipple was just perfect. She's now moved on to the middle flow nipple.
  • Options
    We've used a few over the years, Drop Ins I didn't like, they leaked and I hated running out of the liners, the Dr. Browns just had too many pieces to keep up with, we also didn't have a dishwasher back then, so I'm sure that added too my dislike of them. We also used the Mam bottles but didn't care for them too much either, next up was the Nuk bottles, and we liked those, pretty simple number of pieces and easy to clean. With our 2nd we bought the Adiri but found they leaked and LO didn't care for them. So we bought the Momma brand bottles, my favorite bottle by far! This time around I've bought the Momma bottles again for #3 and have some Comotomo bottles on hand just in case! I never used a bottle warmer, purified water at room temperature was all my LO's even knew so it worked just fine! 
  • Options
    Dr. Browns. Dd never had gas or spit up really and they dont leak.
  • Options
    We loved our Dr. Browns. Avent leaked for us too.

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll probably try the Playtex Ventaires and Avents and see what he likes. I registered for the First Years Quickserve Bottle and Jar warmer that I believe is compatible with most bottles, since we don't know which brand we're using yet. Not sure if anyone wants to weigh in on warmers too!
  • Options
    We are using Avent bottles.

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"