June 2013 Moms

babywearing

Now that our LO are bigger, what carriers are you all using? My LO loves to face forward and the carrier I have really hurts my neck! 

Re: babywearing

• Following...Ty is almost 20 lbs and still loves to be held...
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • K'tan!!! I bought an Ergo- it's just not all that fabulous. It will be good when he is older I think...plus I don't think you can face outwards with it. 

def. the K'tan though. totally worth the money! 

• Loading the player...
  • We love our ergo over here. For quick things though I still just throw him in a sling (not literally throw though)

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I'm still using my Moby. I reeeeeally want a nice woven though because I he loves being worn, plus it opens up the back carry option. Truthfully, when he was sick, I put him on my back in the Moby ( I know.. no no in a stretchy) just for long enough so I could wash and make some bottles. He loved being able to see, yet still be attached to me. But, I don't really have the extra cash to get a good one right now. Le Sigh.
  • I use the ergo, but I would like a safe alternative for forward facing or side carrying. His butt is getting heavy quickly!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • @phishgirl29 you can side carry in the Ergo! It was tricky to figure it out the first time but after that it was super easy

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @smpeachy I think it's in the book...isn't it? Like...how many lbs they need to be, or certain milestones like holding their head up. I wonder..if I should try O forward facing. I still just have him face inward- I bet he'd like it facing out. 

::off to check the book:: 

• Off to google @riansmommie! Thanks!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have a didymos woven wrap that I've fallen in love with! (Forward facing is not recommended, bad for baby and wearer.)
    It's not recommended, ever? Or just this young? 

• amtobey said:

I have a Boba and Moby, a ring sling, and I just bought an Ergo.
    LOVE the Ergo...although I've only used it once.
    The Boba & Moby are such a friggen pain to wrap and then put him in. 
    LO is 18lbs, fwiw.

I've had him in the ergo but he gets pissed he can't look around

• @wasnotwas have you tried him in a side carry on the Ergo? It's a lot easier for them to see around when you wear them in it that way .

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @wasnotwas have you tried him in a side carry on the Ergo? It's a lot easier for them to see around when you wear them in it that way .

No! I'll have to look into that! Thanks!!

• Woven wraps or ergo. Never facing out. I need to get better at back carries so she can look around more! But for now, she's content in a front-snuggle and I love it.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Tomorrow I'm going to a local babywearing international club meetup (thanks again @nykolhooks!). For $30/year membership I can borrow a carrier for 30 days at a time. I'm think in about joining after it see what they have to lend. Those of you wanting to try different carriers should see if there is a chapter in your area.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Isn't Ergo making a 360 carrier that will also face out?  My K'Tan has a forward facing carry instruction, it just warns to make SURE you get a good seat, knees up high, and not use that carry for extended periods of time.  I remember reading on the Swap or BW 102 that Ergo was making a FF carrier and everyone was freaking out.
  • I love the ergo! One of you nice ladies posted it was on sale at allbee baby a month or so ago. My lo falls asleep on it and I love the snuggle and back support!
  • We use the ergo every day, also have a ring sling that I like.

• I'm growing a small stash of woven wraps. LO seems perfectly content being worn facing in but I also do hip and back carries.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • I have the K'Tan, which was GREAT for a starter carrier, for me.  Now I have a loaner Didymos that I'm going to buy from the owner (I hope!), and I think I still would like to get an Ergo for my hubby. He likes the wraps, but I think he thinks they're a little "too girly" for him.  Silly man.
  • DH actually was surprised when I bought a new blue wrap "but we have a girl?!" I told him I thought he may like it but he's content with my pink one :)
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Boba 3G! It is wonderful. LO is still facing me but when she gets a little bigger I will turn her around and then even back carry. I am looking forward to that!
  • I love my wrap and it is fabulous when DS2 wants to nap while we shop. I can't wait for him to be able to sit unassisted so I can start doing some hip carries. His older brother loved that and it is much easier to shop that way once they quit napping on the go.

I have a Bali Breeze wrap from Wrapsody.
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    edited November 2013
    Ergo. We only wear him facing in right now, but eventually we will put him on the back too. You can't put babies facing forward in the current Ergo though because of the risk of hip issues for the baby. I heard they are supposedly making a new Ergo that allows forward facing in a position that is safe for the baby. Not sure if that is true though.

ETA: I'm not 100% certain that the new Ergo will be safer for FF. I thought I read that somewhere, but the more I think about it, it would have to be an innovative design to do that. I wouldn't get one anyway; I am perfectly happy with my regular Ergo.
  • WasNotWas said:

amtobey said:

LO is 18lbs, fwiw.

Really? My LO can look all around in the Ergo, just not behind him obviously. How tall is your LO?
  • We have a Girasol woven, a ring sling, and a mei tai. Right now my favorite is the mei tai.
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the same problem with the Ergo. LO starts to get fussy because he can't look around very well. My guy is 27 freaking inches long too!! I must be doing something wrong though because I see people's pics of their LO in an Ergo and they seem to sit up higher than my LO.
  • We have the Boba 3G as well and love it. That article is full of good info. I wish more people read it and followed it. I cringe whenever I see a baby facing forward now. Lol We also have the K'Tan and a RS.
  • I have a Rockin Baby ring slig & an infantino Mei Tai.

I really love the ring sling, I haven't really gotten into the Mei tai as much because it's hard for me to put on without an extra pair of hands.
  • I have an ergo and moby. I haven't used the moby in a while. He really only seemed to like it if he was practically asleep when I put him in it. We love the ergo and I use it pretty much every time we leave the house. Unless we are visiting where people are going to want to hold him, I never use my stroller.

I would love to try a woven, ring sling, and mei tei, but I am broke and we don't have any groups nearby that I'm aware of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BC&LM said:

WasNotWas said:

amtobey said:

LO is 18lbs, fwiw.

Really? My LO can look all around in the Ergo, just not behind him obviously. How tall is your LO?
    He was 27.5 inches like a week or so ago

• Murphie82 said:

I have the same problem with the Ergo. LO starts to get fussy because he can't look around very well. My guy is 27 freaking inches long too!! I must be doing something wrong though because I see people's pics of their LO in an Ergo and they seem to sit up higher than my LO.

I really think it depends on the way the person wearing it is built. LO sits up higher on me than my husband. Not to sound crass, but I think it's because of my large chest. Even when my hubby is wearing him, though, he can still see a lot, just not as much as when I wear him.
  • WasNotWas said:

BC&LM said:

WasNotWas said:

amtobey said:

LO is 18lbs, fwiw.

He was 27.5 inches like a week or so ago
    Hmm, that's taller than my LO, so I doubt that's why. I was just saying to another poster that I think the way the baby sits depends a bit upon the way the person wearing it is built. That might be where the difference comes from.

• I have a linen RS, Mei Tai and a Boba (similar to an Ergo). We don't do FFO since it's not great for baby or mamma as PP have said. If they are strong enough to FFO, they're strong enough to be on your back which is way better for both!!

• Boba 3G! It is wonderful. LO is still facing me but when she gets a little bigger I will turn her around and then even back carry. I am looking forward to that!

@valerie4977 Just FYI, you can't carry FFO in the Boba. :)

• I know I'm late to the party, but wanted to add my two cents. I LOVE my ktan. DH really likes the ergo, I kind of wish I would have tried out a beco before buying it. I like it and use it a ton, but don't love it. I also bought a Mei tai but haven't tried it yet. I will say a hip carry is a great option for the baby to be able to look around without being forward facing, but a little bit of forward facing won't kill anyone. I don't think I'll try it with my ktan though because I think it will end up being uncomfertable for me. If I'm just carrying DD in my arms she want to be facing out, but she's always happy being faced in in the carrier.

• @Western Diva. Thank you for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"