Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Mirena

When did you get yours? Do you feel comfortable with your choice?

Re: Mirena

• 5 weeks postpartum. So far I love it. I don't even know its there. I have yet to find out if my husband knows its there do to a lovely vaginal hernia prolonging our post baby nookie...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had Mirena prior to DD and got my second one at 8w PP. I love it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • My Dr. refuses to put IUD's in before 10 weeks PP because she feels the uterus isn't fully healed (I followed her rec). With that said, I'll be getting mine placed tomorrow (11weeks) but I'm getting the Skyla (3 year instead of 5).
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Skyla? I will google it. I had mine put in 8 weeks pp and also feel it might have been too soon. I will discuss with ob.
  • Getting mine next week. DS will be 10 weeks tomorrow.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 7w PP. I'm still bleeding at 12w PP. Honestly, that is my only complaint.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Planning to get mine at 8weeks pp since that's the earliest this provider will do them.
    My Dr. refuses to put IUD's in before 10 weeks PP because she feels the uterus isn't fully healed (I followed her rec). With that said, I'll be getting mine placed tomorrow (11weeks) but I'm getting the Skyla (3 year instead of 5).
    @californiadream87 - why are you choosing the skyla? I thought it was really only meant for women who hadn't had a child before?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Mirena is my choice of bc, but will try the Depo 1st
  • My OB also will not place IUDs till 10wks PP. I got mine at 11 and so far, it's okay. I had spotting for almost a month and have cramping periodically. I chose it because I'm breastfeeding and knew I'd probably have trouble remembering to take the mini pill at the right time.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • I loved my mirena. I had it before LO, just found a provider who would place it off-label since I'd never had a baby before. I had mild cramping after insertion for up to a month after. I had light periods for 3 months after, then no more. I had no side effects and loved it. I had it removed last Oct and was pregnant in Jan. I loved the thing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • I got the Mirena bw 6 and 7 wks pp. I haven't had any issues with it, just some spotting. 
  • huntjul said:

Planning to get mine at 8weeks pp since that's the earliest this provider will do them.

My Dr. refuses to put IUD's in before 10 weeks PP because she feels the uterus isn't fully healed (I followed her rec). With that said, I'll be getting mine placed tomorrow (11weeks) but I'm getting the Skyla (3 year instead of 5).

@californiadream87 - why are you choosing the skyla? I thought it was really only meant for women who hadn't had a child before?

Nope. Skyla is used for women who haven't had children because it's smaller but anyone can get it. I got it because it's a low dose 3 year IUD. Since my insurance doesn't over the entire procedure, and since we plan to TTC at the end of next year this was the better option and cheaper.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • I had the Mirena before we were TTC and the only side effect I had with it was after DH and I had sex I would bleed. My OB was never able to figure out why it kept happening. Otherwise, it was great and I'll probably get it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"