Multiples

35 weeks

Hey all. Went to the mfm this morning and he said everything looks great. I'm measuring 37 weeks and I'm actually on 30. All along he has been saying his goal for me was 38 weeks. Today he said his new goal for me is 35. So my questions is to all of you ladies who went at 35 or before. What was your experience and how was your multiples health.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 35 weeks

• Are you sure he meant to deliver at 35 weeks? I saw my MFM today and he told me 3 weeks and 3 days (that puts me at 36 weeks). He mean't he just thinks that at that point we are good and then depending on As growth in the next 3 weeks we'll either schedule my c-section for 37w or 38w.

• I think he ment that's the point he would like me to reach (as if I can control when I go into labor).

• Loading the player...
  • My boys were born at 34 weeks 1 day.  They were both just under 5lbs and healthy.  My baby B needed a little help breathing in the first few minutes but joined his brother within in a few hours in a lower level NICU pod where they were for 2 weeks growing and feeding.  Now they are very rambunctious 20 lb 10 month old's.
  • No advice but I wonder why he would change your goal.  I was measuring 37 weeks at 28 weeks and there has never been any talk of changing the goal from 38 weeks. 
    Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.
  • I was on hospital bed rest for 9 weeks and home bed rest for 4 weeks. Of course, we wanted to get me as far as possible. My initial goal was 37 weeks while on bed rest. At my 35 week appt, baby A looked like he was starting to lag in growth - nothing alarming though. My OB and MFM decided to schedule my C section for 36 weeks since he was not benefitting from being in utero and I was in a lot of pain from being quite large for my frame. My kids never went to the NICU and we were only in the hospital one additional day due to jaundice in my larger twin. My boy was 4 lbs 14 oz and girl was 5 lbs 11 oz.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went naturally at 35w5d.  DS decided it was time.  lol
    Both did well.  DS was 5lb5oz, DD was 4lb14oz.  DD came home with us.  DS was in the NICU for 10 days because he didn't want to eat.  You'd never know it now!!!  lol
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • I had my C/S at 35 weeks 4 days b/c the twins' growth discordance surpassed the 20% threshold. They were born at 6lbs8oz and 5lbs3oz. Baby A needed oxygen for 2 hours but Baby B breathed room air from the beginning (I got to hold him right away!) They came home after 6 days, held up just b/c their weights needed to stabilize.
  • In not sure why the Dr changed the goal. My best guess is that both my twins have been measuring towards the top of the scale for weight.

• I was always measuring 5 weeks ahead. I had a c/s at 34+4 because my babies fell behind in growth and Baby A was in distress (I think part of the issue was me being labeled di/di when I was clearly mo/di) and part was I developed pre-e/help (gah, won't let me put the 2nd L in that) syndrome. My OB was going to let me go till 37 weeks.

• I think your goal was just changed colloquially as in milestones not that you are going to be induced. From Day 1, our goal was 38 weeks because I had no complications. When I had a positive FFN at 28 weeks, the goal changed to as long as we could hold off labor. Now that my cervix has stabilized, the goal is now 35 weeks. However, the real "goal" is still 38 weeks because barring any complications or the babies deciding themselves, my doc would not take proactive measures to deliver before 38 weeks.

In fact, for a doc to induce or section twins before 37 weeks for no reason would be against standard of care and against ACOG.

I've been measuring 7-10 weeks ahead since 20ish weeks. That is normal in multiples.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • tiffwedd said:

My boys were born at 34 weeks 1 day.  They were both just under 5lbs and healthy.  My baby B needed a little help breathing in the first few minutes but joined his brother within in a few hours in a lower level NICU pod where they were for 2 weeks growing and feeding.  Now they are very rambunctious 20 lb 10 month old's.

This almost exactly. I had mine at 34w, they were 5 and 5 8, needed no breathing assistance, and 13 days in the NICU as feeders/growers.

• Water broke naturally at 35 weeks 3 days. Both girls did great. One was 5lbs 2 oz and the other 5 lbs 11oz. Spent a little time in the nursery after delivery due to low blood sugar but once they were brought to me for some skin to skin their sugars stabilized. No Nicu time needed and was diacharged with both girls 48hrs later :)
  • I had my c section at 35 weeks 1 day. My son was 5 lbs 9 oz. and needed a CPAP for 24 hours. He also had a little jaundice and needed to go under the heat lamp for a day. He came home with me when I left the hospital after 5 days. My daughter was 3lbs 13 oz. She was growth restricted but needed absolutely no help in the NICU. She just needed to eat and gain weight. She was there for 8 days. Both babies are doing awesome now.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"