June 2013 Moms
Options

sigh... time for a new car seat and stroller

I currently have the Chicco key fit 30 infant seat and snap & go stroller- and it is awesome. I have a really bad back (need surgery but ain't nobody got time fa dat) and I love how I can lift the stroller in and out of the car so easily and pop it open with one hand. Plus I just hate big bulky strollers. Ben is getting squishier by the day and it's time to get a new car seat. He hates being in this one now, and his shoulders are pretty smushed against the sides. What convertibles and strollers are you guys loving right now? I think I still have info from a previous thread about strollers but please feel free to chime in on both. Can I also just say how NOT excited I am to be unassing this amount of money before Christmas?! I was really hoping to get by with this one until at least Christmas but unfortunately that's not going to happen. Wahhhhh!!!! 

Re: sigh... time for a new car seat and stroller

• Options
    amtobey said:
    I don't know if you are on Facebook, but the Facebook group Car Seats for the Littles has a doc with a shiz ton of carseat pros and cons. 
    You can also ask their techs questions and they are super helpful!

ETA: They can recommend car seats based on your babes weight, height, clothing sizing, and budget.
    Oh wow! How helpful! I will check them out, thanks. Our Texans are looking freaking awesome right now, huh??!!! 
  • Options
    smpeachey said:
    We just upgraded to the Chicco Nextfit. It fits great in my Forester. And I like the way he sits in it, the buckles are easy, and it has a ton of adjustment options. It will go to 40 pounds rear facing and 65 (I think) forward facing. I am still trying to figure out nice lightweight stroller so I will lurk and see what ladies say.
    Great thanks. I was wondering about that one! Is it roomy? Your little guy is kinda chunky too right? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love our city mini it is so light weight and easy. We it and the graco that goes with our carseat and the city mini is soo much better! Not sure about car seats... We have the graco click connect 40 and I'm really hoping we can skip the convertible car seat all together.
  • Options
    I love our city mini it is so light weight and easy. We it and the graco that goes with our carseat and the city mini is soo much better! Not sure about car seats... We have the graco click connect 40 and I'm really hoping we can skip the convertible car seat all together.
    The city mini is one I have on my list to check out! Glad to hear that it is so light weight. Thanks! 
  • Options
    Another vote for th city mini. As far as car seats, I got DD th Graco Mysize 70 and I love it. I love it so much more than DS's Britax Boulevard and it was way cheaper. If your kiddo is on the tall side, you'll want to look at the Chico nexrfit and the Graco Size4Me, Mysize and Headwise

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lord. Please excuse all the typos!!

• Options
    Personally, I love my City Mini, but wouldn't call it "light weight". The one-handed fold is awesome and worth the purchase price alone. It is my everyday stroller but not the lightest one I own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    kmkaull2 said:
    Personally, I love my City Mini, but wouldn't call it "light weight". The one-handed fold is awesome and worth the purchase price alone. It is my everyday stroller but not the lightest one I own.

You need to go lift some strollers at BRU if you don't think it's light!

• Options
    smpeachey said:
    smpeachey said:
    We just upgraded to the Chicco Nextfit. It fits great in my Forester. And I like the way he sits in it, the buckles are easy, and it has a ton of adjustment options. It will go to 40 pounds rear facing and 65 (I think) forward facing. I am still trying to figure out nice lightweight stroller so I will lurk and see what ladies say.
    Great thanks. I was wondering about that one! Is it roomy? Your little guy is kinda chunky too right? 
    Oh yeah he is a chunk! His shoulders were getting squished in the Peg Perrigo that we were using. The Nextfit seems to have tons of room, and lots of adjustment choices.
    Exactly what I need for my 20 pounder! Thanks lady! I just watched a little video on it and like the recline system. Looks easy. Also the fabric looks like a good one. I def do not want any that have that velvet-like fabric. Too hot and it everything sticks to it.  
  • Options
    QueSyrah said:
    kmkaull2 said:

You need to go lift some strollers at BRU if you don't think it's light!
    Yeah but for someone with back issues, it isn't light.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    I looove the City Mini! The only issue I have with it is that the basket underneath is super small.
  • Options
    CTGirl30 said:

Britax B Agile stroller - love it.

This is what we have and we get so many compliments on it! I think it's lightweight and my husband had back issues and can put it away/open it up.
  • Options
    The NextFit is supposed to be a great car seat but just know that right now, it doesn't have a replaceable harness.  So if something happens to it you'd have to replace the entire seat.  I'm hoping Chicco gets with the program and remedies that because that's doing their customers a huge disservice.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    JessicaKS said:

I looove the City Mini! The only issue I have with it is that the basket underneath is super small.

Same here. I can't even put my diaper bag in the stroller if I will need to get into it at some point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"