March 2014 Moms

What's your favorite baby girl name?

parenthood4parenthood4 member
edited October 2013 in March 2014 Moms
We have 3 baby girl names we like so far. I have a 16 month old named Carter, and our last name starts with H. I'm not sold on any of the names!

I like Caroline a lot, but I kind of don't like how matchy it is with Carter. My name starts with K, so it's a lot of C/K sounds! If we did Ellie, her real name would be Ella. If we did Libby, I'm not sure what we'd do about the real name. I don't want to do Elizabeth for family reasons, so it might just be Libby.

Or are there any suggestions for similar names? I'm so stuck!

What's your favorite baby girl name? 246 votes

Caroline
38% 94 votes
Ellie
47% 118 votes
Libby
13% 34 votes

Re: What's your favorite baby girl name?

• I'm kinda sick of all the Ellie/Allie/Ella/etc names ... and Libby seems like a NN more than a name.  IMO :)  BUT it's your daughter! Do what you like - I've learned that no one is going to meet "Libby" or "ellie" and be like ew horrible name!  We just put a lot of pressure on ourselves right now!
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • I think Caroline is beautiful and the double C names doesn't bother me, but agree with OP as pretty as Elle/Ellie are they are so popular I'd try to think of another.  I LOVE Libby but do agree it is a nickname... Your choices are very pretty though and I'm sure your daughter will end up with a lovely name

• Loading the player...
  • I like Ella/Ellie. Our DD is Ellinor and we call her Ellie but like to use her full name as well.
    imageimage 
  • I love Caroline!  Not a very common name these days but not totally weird and different either.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• BabyVDMBabyVDM member
    edited October 2013
    My sisters are named Carolyn and Olivia.  I couldn't pronounce Olivia when I was just learning to talk so I called her Libby.  Her nickname is now Bean as in "Libby's Beans"

Can't vote on your list.  I prefer Carolyn to Caroline and Olivia to Libby.  Ellie is not my favourite

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• I love Caroline! Libby is beautiful too though.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Thanks for the input! I agree with the problems with the popularity of Ellie - not sure if I want something that common. But I just think it's cute! I also agree with Libby being a nickname.

I forgot to add this before, but if it's Caroline her middle name will probably be Lee (my husband's mom's middle name) if it's Ellie her name will be Ella Kathryn (my mom's name) and we'd probably use Kathryn for Libby as well.

Like I said, I'm really not sold on any of them, so maybe we'll end up with something else!

And I know we still have lots of time. I just don't feel as connected to this pregnancy yet as I did my first (I think just being busy with a 16 month old instead of being able to dream about the baby all day like the first time!) and so I thought maybe a name would help with that :)

• I really love Caroline - & I think it's really nice with Carter.  They don't rhyme, so it's not too matchy for me.  That's my vote.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• My daughter is Elena and we call her Ellie and Elena. Obviously that's my pick! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I like Ellie but it's WAY too popular now so I chose Caroline.
  • If you want more suggestions that weren't your choices, what about Avery? I have a Carter and I love love Carter and Avery together. I just had a friend who named theirs Avery so that's out for me. Mine is going to be Finley Claire. Good luck!!!
  • Well, I'm a teacher, and I have a student association with Avery that kind of turns me off from the name! It's so hard because I have associations with so many names! My dad actually suggested Finley the other day! Cute!

• We are going to have a Caroline and a Charlie, and my name is Katy. I guess Charlie isn't the same hard K sound, but it does start with a C. So I would choose Caroline. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Funny...when we named him, the two names we were deciding between were Carter and Charlie! Great minds... :)

• I love Ella!
  • Libby can be short for Liberty or Olivia too. Would either of those work ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"