Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Eating Bread

Just wondering if you give your baby bread...how do you serve it to LO?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image

Re: Eating Bread

• Options
    In very small, baby bite sized pieces
  • Options
    Small pieces.  Sometimes I melt a little bit of cheese on top of it, and/or spread some veggie puree on top
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started by toasting it so it wasn't so "gummy" and topping it with cream cheese or a fruit or veggie puree. He eats it now toasted or untoasted in tiny bite size pieces.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Options
    We either cut it into four strips or squares. Big enough for her to hold well in her hand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS loves bread and is pretty good at eating them. I usually cut them into size of a quarter.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS takes after his momma and loves bread! He devoured a biscuit I made with crock pot beef stew the other night. DS hasn't mastered pincer grasp yet, so I cut toast into strips that he can easily pick up. Pancakes and biscuits I tear into chunks big enough for him to pick up, but not big enough to choke on if he shoves it all in his mouth...like he typically does!

• Options
    Ok thanks everyone!
  • Options
    My son loves anything that even resembles bread, so lately I've been baking.  We have had carrot, banana, strawberry/pineapple, and pumpkin breads in the past couple weeks.  He will usually eat 2 slices cut up in small cubes and will eat it before any of his other favorites that might be on the menu.   I just figured if he was going to eat all that bread it should have some more nutrition in it!
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    We started with lightly toasted whole wheat pita bread. Then un-toasted pita, and then just gave baby sized bites of whatever bread. At 12mo, he was eating avocado or hummus or PB sandwiches on wheat, rye or pumpernickel bread. At 13mo, we started giving him things like grilled cheese, etc.
    Thank you MrsMug - just curious what size do you make those sandwiches?
  • Options
    dd absolutely LOVES bread. i just give her a whole, small piece. surprisingly she grabs it in one hand and rips pieces off with the other and puts it in her mouth, it's so cute haha.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"